Chapter 1 Out of here

The sounds of constant beating is what kept me awake at night. All day when I was at school, my mom was getting beat by my drunken dad , all night my mom was dodging shattered pieces of glass, which always wasn't so easy to dodge.

The constant sound of smashing glass mixed in with my sobbing was sickening. I didn't know what was happening to my mom, I didn't know what was happening with my life.

Ever since my mom got laid off from work my dad has beat her more frequently and more severely. He always uses mom's money to buy alcohol. He uses the bottles to torture her, but he only punches me. I usually wake up with welts and huge bruises. I constantly told my mom to get out of here, and get away from him but she is too scared to leave him.

"IM DONE WITH YOU KATHARINE!"

"DAD STOP!"

"Chad please stop you can't"

"YES I CAN IM THE MAN HERE NOT YOU!"

Just at that moment dad took a piece of his alcohol bottle and stabbed mom with one of its shards, right in her stomach.

"YOUR NEXT!"

Dad was coming at full speed towards me with his fists clenched erratically.

My the time he was too close to me I was too late, I tried to cover my stomach but his foot had already gotten the best of me. He kicked me all the way to the corner of the living room, and I started to spit up some blood.

"MOM WERE GETTING OUT OF HERE NOW"

Mom's slamming closet door lead me to the realization that we were going to escape from the living hell I have managed to live through for the past 17 years.

"I AM DONE WITH YOU CHAD! GO BURN IN HELL"

Mom and I were in the car, finally away from him. Mom could call the police but mom and I just stole his car, and mom could get in trouble too, so we agreed for him to stay at that house and probably die of starvation and overdose of alcohol.

Mom and I drove away we went so far, we didn't really know where we were going we just went wear the roads took us. All mom and I could remember is LA we were both born and raised there we did not know where we would live, all we knew is that we wouldn't live with that man again.

We mutually agreed to drive on route 10 until we reached Chino California. It was about a 44 minuet drive, that was around 30 mile drive, it was close but still far enough away from dad.

We drove for a while...
A long while...