Chapter 5

I woke up at 4pm. Fixed myself, and headed downstairs. Granma is busy preparing food, and asking her maids to do this and that. By the way, they're preparing this kind of "Despidida Party" for me since I'm already going back tomorrow. Early in the morning. I feel sad. I mean, what am I gonna do back home? Perhaps mom and dad haven't came back yet. And I don't even have any friend. Well, ofcourse there's Cielo, but she won't be back till next week. Oh I wish I could extend my stay here. But I still have lots of preparations to do for this coming term.

Granma turned to me. I'm still halfway on the stairs and she must've caught me staring at her.

"Oh, come here princess. You look lovely." Said Granma as she touched my cheek.

She gave me this baby pink above the knee dress. A little off on the shoulders.

"Yeah, uh well thanks granma." I said as I'm trying to hold back my tears. Oh I feel so sad that i'm leaving.

"You're always welcome honey. C'mon let's go to Nikki. She's outside preparing barbecue."

We went outside and I saw Nikki laughing with Brandon. Oh, I didn't know this guy could laugh. (I kid.) As granma said, she's preparing some hotdogs and pork and other food. Bran is helping her. We came closer and I cleared my throat.

"Do you mind?" Me as I gave her a knowing look. She just blushed and rolled her eyes. Just then, someone called Gran and she excused herself.

"Hey, Joan, I'd better call the others. Excuse me." Said Bran as he hurried away.

"Couz, OMG, like I'm so kiliiig! Eeeehhh" she said while doing her famous "hampas my braso". OMG nagiging conyo na rin ako.

"Ow, ouch! Stop! Pag ako nakaganti..." I said and I also rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh, so pag ginantihan mo 'ko ng hampas, it means, ikaw na ang kinikilig! Hahahaha!"

Aba't! Pero tinawanan lang niya ako.

After an hour, evrybody's here. Including granma's friends. Some of the workers that I became friends with joined us as well. Can this night get any more merrier?

"Couz, come here quick!" Nikki gestured toward the kitchen where there's only the two of us. She handed me a yellow rectangular box and I opened it. It revealed a very cuuute bracelet with dangling letters. B E S T C O U Z awww sweet.

"Well, since ikaw lang naman cousin ko, might as well give you the title. And ngayon lang tayo ulit nagkasama eh... So I'm really gonna miss you. Oh my gosh, this is so drama. Hahahaha" she said as she wiped her eye. I hugged her tight and she hugged even tighter. When we pull back, she said, " Eh, couz, sasabihin mo ba kay Ivan? You're going back tomorrow na eh." Oh. Right. "Lilipas din siguro to. Baka crush nga lang to eh. Nothing serious." Tiningnan nya lang ako and smiled. I bet she knows that I'm lying. Pero ano magagawa ko? Aalis na ko. Wala rin naman sigurong mangyayari if I tell him right? Aalis na ko. At siguro matatagalan pa bago ako bumalik. Bago ko siya ulit makita.