Naomi's thoughts while she was in New York

It had been a year since the couple that adopted her, when she was only five years old,  died in a plane accident. Naomi was now living with her granny,an old and fragile woman, incredibly beautiful though , with her white like snow hair and topaz eyes transmitting affection.

"She got asleep I'd better leave her rest a bit!"

Naomi said to herself and made her way to her own room silently

.She spontaneously grabbed her laptop and decided to write a n email to Alex (the boy that had really been her dream since 1st grade)

Everyone was aware of their feelings towards each other. However they' ve only talked a few times. She nervously inhaled as she started writing

"I really loved you very much but now I'm only wondering if it was worth it, since I considered you felt the same but I was wrong, wasn't I? Don't worry I won't bother you again.  Take care!Bye!"

She only hoped that the reply would let her know the truth.

But unfortunately some hours later she received a rather harsh message

"You must be mistaking me to someone else".

How could he be that capable of lying so easily almost naturally? She did not cry...  No it was not thanks to the amount of strength contained in her soul but just cause she was some kind of emotionally paralyzed !It was way worst than being cheated on or even being told that the one that you love doesn't love you back... It felt like she was without past doubting her experiences and memories just due to some words! That ached the most!!

"How could I EVER BE IN LOVE WITH THAT COWARD?" she screamed to herself gasping for air!

Aria one of the few friends she had called her just in time to reassure her that she wasn't imagining the whole thing! That reply could easily drive anyone mad! Naomi was trying to put her pieces together. Aria had said something really crucial and made it sound funny with her thin voice

"Come on c'mon, we can't all be imagining the same thing, would that be?  Some kind of group fantasy? For gods sake!!"

Some weeks later her old granny passed away! After the funeral she decided to move in L.A. and find a job! Cause being close to that jerk was tearing her apart! She had some money left from her parents heritage and she assumed that she would be able to afford a living for a while.. Naomi took her way to L.A. and suddenly remembered the line an actor said

"I'VE BEEN IN LOVE!!It's painfu,.pointless and overrated!!"

that inflicted the grief in her heart...and she sighed breathless "so  true!!".