𝟶𝟹

𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝚋𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝

     RIGHT as Stacy entered the party, the strong aroma of sweat, alcohol, and weed stung her nostrils, pushing her to scrunch her nose slightly

RIGHT as Stacy entered the party, the strong aroma of sweat, alcohol, and weed stung her nostrils, pushing her to scrunch her nose slightly. She scanned the mob of intoxicated teens dancing just as ludicrous as they were dressed. Stacy settled on remaining close to her friend and brother for the time being before a familiar figure drove past the crowd toward her path.

     "We got ourselves a new keg king, Harrington," Tommy proclaimed as Billy spruced up his posture, creeping closer to Steve's face.

     Stacy rolled her eyes at the overwhelming presence of testosterone that wavered in the air as Steve peeled off his sunglasses and glowered at Billy. Billy's eyes eventually landed on Stacy, skimming her up and down before chewing on his bottom lip as if he were enjoying the view of her in her costume. Usually, Stacy would reciprocate his advances to mess with his head, but she couldn't bare to stand there for another second without a shot or two.

     "Ugh, I need a drink."

     "Me too," Nancy said, following Stacy as she meandered towards the punchbowl.

     Billy kept an eye on Stacy as she poured the mysterious liquid into her red solo cup, chugging half of its contents without reluctance. Steve followed his gaze until his eyes stopped on his younger sister. His countenance dropped before turning to Billy, shoving him harshly.

     "Don't even think about it," he warned. His sister had already endured much more than what an average teenage girl could tolerate. The last thing he would want was for Billy to make matters worse.

     Billy snorted at Steve's authoritarian act. "I'm not scared of you, Harrington. You've lost your edge. Your sister, on the other hand..."

     "I mean it, jackass," Steve jostled, not in the mood for jokes. "She's off limits."

     Billy just smirked at Steve before walking away, watching Stacy as she finished her drink.

     "What's in this?" Stacy winced slightly, placing her empty cup on the kitchen counter.

     "Pure fuel! Pure fuel! Whooo!"

     Stacy scrunched her face in disgust before she refilled her cup and separated from Nancy. If she was being candid, Nancy was beginning to aggravate her with the tenacious nagging about bringing the truth to light, making her feel guilty for being too afraid. Stacy walked further into the crowd only to collide with Billy once more, cockiness branching from his presence. Unbeknownst to her, this was no accident. It was merely a premeditated move on Billy's part to acquire some alone time with her.

     "I see you decided to come, sweetheart."

     Stacy snickered. "Don't flatter yourself, Hargrove. I came to get sheet-faced."