Prologue

This is an original and fictional book made by me, @creaTEAve. Settings, characters, etc. are all fictional.

My dearest apologies for grammatical errors because like everyone else, I'm still learning. Please bear with me.

UPDATES: One chapter every Friday unless something major comes up that I won't be able to update (I update based on my timezone). Keep in mind that the more support and motivation I get, the likely I'll update :-)

*Also*: LOOK OUT FOR UNNOTICEABLE FORESHADOWINGS😊

Innocent is one of 4 books in the series The Rose Circle. The Rose Circle includes 4 kingdoms; The Western Kingdom (covering), the Eastern "Rich" Kingdom, North Kingston, and Southern Kingtech.

Each kingdom runs differently from all others.
*North Kingston- cunning and skilled warriors.
*Southern Kingtech- advance technology.
*Western Kingdom- Magic
*Eastern "Rich" Kingdom- agriculture

Hope I cleared things up before anyone reads this book. Enjoy!-creaTEAve

🌹Prologue is dedicated to @jonaswhore for being the first reader to give this story a chance. Thank you so much for the support! ~creaTEAve ☕

~Pixie (9 years old)

THE war had only just begun. Soldiers of the West fighting against evil witches who wields forbidden dark magic. It was a horrifying thing to even speak of, so not a single soul did.

Although the battlefield was a few miles away from the palace, I was miserable and frightened that the tears began to stream down my face endlessly. I was only nine and afraid as anyone would be at such a tragedy that has fallen upon us.

Just a few hours ago, the loud booming of drums had began to play the beat that signals a war. No one would miss it for it was played all over the Western Kingdom. Everyone took shelter in their homes and those in the castle must remain in the safety of its holding cells underground as ordered by the King. He had also placed his son, Prince Alfred, in a secret, separate place along with his personal bodyguards only a few know the location of. It so happens that my parents and I were at the palace along with many others for a small gathering that the drums began to beat. My father left my mother and I while we tried to seek shelter because he was to help aid the wounded soldiers. He was a licensed doctor and he needed to play his part.

Thinking about my father had increased the flow of tears from my eyes to the point where I could taste the saltiness of them on my lips. The lighting was a bit dim in the underground cells, but I could still see the hopeless weeping of the other children, mothers, and elders. Although my mother was sitting right besides me on the ground against the cold wall of the cell, she made no attempt to comfort me. I realized then that the whole time she was sitting there, she had grown distant and her face held no emotion.

I reached for her arm but she moved it away harshly which made me whimper. "Oh, stop crying. It will all be over soon." And it did end, but in a tragic way that left me with no mother. Since this day, I never truly understood the reason for my mother's execution or who exactly killed her. The last memory I have of her in that cell was when she started singing the lullaby that had always lured me to sleep yet, for some reason it had a different-- almost dark-- tempo to it. I also remember her touching my face forcefully that I began seeing images of a soldier with blue eyes, a boy with black hair, a lady coming to my aid, and the silhouette of a man with a wicked grin on his face.

It is true that I had lived from that horrible event. Call it a miracle even. If only I had seen my future, I would of never dared to live another day.

Published: July 21, 2019
Instagram: officialcreateave