15. New beginning (THE END)

Another year has gone by and life went on as normal.

Baekhyun had finally able to find his passion, which was singing, and he ended up becoming a vocal coach for mostly famous kpop trainees.

It was a fun job and he ended up getting paid good for it, which meant he was actually able to afford his apartment.

Baekhyun was heading home from work early today and was planning on visiting Kyungsoo and Kai's place. The both of them decided to move in with each other since the beginning of the year.

But first he had to go home to drop off his stuff from work.

Once he opened the door of his apartment he almost dropped his bag on the ground. His eyes widen when he saw no other than his step brother standing in the middle of his hallway.

''Kangjoon?''

''Hey Baek'' Kangjoon greeted him with a bright smile

''Hey Baek'' Kangjoon greeted him with a bright smile. Baekhyun dropped everything he had in his hands and walked over to his brother, throwing himself into Kangjoon's arms.

''why are you here? how did you get here? why didn't you tell me you got released today?'' Baekhyun bombarded him with questions.

''I wanted to surprise you''

The both of them broke the hug and simply stared at each other, smiling like idiots. 

''I'm so happy, I was actually planning on going to Kai and Kyungsoo. Wanna come along? I know that they'll be happy to see you as well'' 

''I would love to go see them but I actually was planning to pay mom and dad a visit. I went straight here after I got released so I haven't seen them yet'' Kangjoon said.

Baekhyun frowned. ''I see.. well, they will be just as surprised as me and really happy to see you again''

''I hope so''

                                             ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

''What?! Kangjoon was released?'' Kyungsoo asked surprised. The three of them sat around the dinner table, drinking Soju.

''Yeah, I was just as surprised. He didn't even tell me beforehand'' Baek said.

Kai was leaning into his chair, swirling his Soju bottle around ''well it's good that he finally got released. Is he going to move back in with you?''

Baekhyun puckered his lips and shrugged his shoulders. ''don't know, I'm okay with it but it's his decision''

''I see. well, I'm sorry to be the party pooper here but I have to go back to work soon. I need to come up with some new dance moves'' Kai said and got up, leaving the Soju bottle on the counter of the kitchen. He gave Kyungsoo a quick peck before he left.