14

The door slammed closed then I heard the lock click into place. I felt Harry's hands on my side seconds later, which I looked up at. My cheeks were stained with silent tears that he wiped away.

"He won't touch you again," Harry whispered. "I swear, he will not touch you again."

"I'm sorry," I cried. They shouldn't have ever had to see that. That had to have been terrifying for them. When I have a weak spot, my uncle uses it to his advantage, especially when I point out the fact I'm hurt. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"No, God, no," Niall muttered. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Nothing," Harry emphasized. Harry moved closer and carefully moved me closer to him rather than Niall and ran his fingers through my hair. "What did the doctor prescribe you?"

"Nothing," I mumbled. "He doesn't let me take pain killers like that."

"Are you tired?" Harry asked. I nodded, but I was terrified to be left alone. I wouldn't admit it, though. "Let's lay you down."

I attempted to get up but cried out from a sharp pain and fell back into Harry. "I can't, I can't," I cried shaking my head slightly. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're okay, love." Harry stood up, careful not to jar my shoulder. He carried me to Niall's spare room and set me on my feet, finding the spare clothes I kept here. "Let me help you with your shirt."

"No," I squeaked out. I didn't want him to see my my chest and back. I hated my chest and back.

He gave me a weird look. "You can't really use your right arm, Louis."

"I don't..." I crossed my arms over my chest instinctually. "I can-"

"Let me help you, okay?" He still looked shaken up and his eyes were full of concern.

I slowly uncrossed my arms and Harry helped carefully pull it off my frame, inhaling sharply when he saw my chest. He only looked for a second before helping me get the new shirt on.

"Louis-" Harry started.

"I deserved it." I looked away from him. "I deserved it."

Harry lifted my shirt, looking over my left side. He put his fingers on the word that was carved into my skin by non other than my uncle: mine.

"I wasn't listening, I deserved it, Harry."

"This is new," he mumbled, dropping my shirt and looking in my eyes. "How long ago?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Yes, you do."

"While I was gone," I mumbled. There were others too, dotted all over my torso, but because of how new this one was, it stood out more. "Can I ask you something kinda stupid?"

"I doubt it's stupid," Harry answered. "What's on your mind?"

"Will you stay in here with me while I sleep? I know it sounds stupid, but-"

"Of course I'll stay. Move over."

I moved closer to the wall and Harry sat down next to me. "Thanks," I whispered.

"No problem," he responded softly.

I laid down and he stayed sitting up. Harry started moving his fingers through my hair and I scooted towards him a tiny bit. At some point I moved my head into his lap and he never protested. After a few more minutes of Harry playing with my hair, I fell asleep and didn't have a problem staying asleep.