Chapter 4

After an hour, Cloud woke up. It was nearly sunset. He carefully got up and stared at Tifa.
He also stared at the picture of the three of them.

"You know, you're pretty heavy." Said Reno as he came in.

"Was there...some kids living with you?" Asked Rude.

"Cause they ain't here." Replied Reno.

Cloud just stood there, with his head down.

"You don't care?" Rude asked.

"I just..." Cloud trailed off and look at the picture again.

Reno sighed. "You're a real hand full."

Reno and Rude walked out of the room, leaving Cloud alone. They met Claire on the way.

"You're awake." Rude said.
"Yeah. Is Cloud awake?" She asked.

"Yeah."

Claire nodded and was about walk in....
"Reno and I will go out and get any eye witness about the kids."

"Don't tell me they got the other kids too." She said.

"Apparently." Rude said.
"Okay. Let me know if you find any." She then walked in and saw Cloud, standing there.

"Hey."

Cloud didn't say anything but disappointed at himself.

"I know you got it too. No point hiding it." She said.

Again, nothing.

"I'm just glad you're okay. And Tifa's okay too. We just need to get Denzel and Marlene back, then deal with Kadaj and his gang." Claire said.

"Claire, we'll take care of that. But I want you to stay out." He said.

"What? Why would you say that?" She asked.

"Just because I say so. When I get the kids back, you'll be here waiting for them." Cloud said.

"I'm not going to sit here and watch. You should know that by now." Claire said.

"Claire...please."

"I'm going. Like it or not. You and I have been distant for quite a while now. Why's that? I always think you have someone in your mind already." Claire said.

"No...it's not that...it's because-"

"Nevermind, I'm not always liked by anyone. Take care of her." With the Claire walked out of the room.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Look at what brother and sister was hiding. Powers forged into the lifestream. With this materia, those powers will be ours." Kadaj said as he inject a materia into himself.

"So, those are a gift from mother?" Loz asked as he let go of Marlene, who has been captured.

"Yeah, gotta be." Kadaj replied.

"Then, brother and sister are hiding mother too?" Loz asked again.

"No. It's the Shinra guy. Keeping her hidden is something they have been always good at." he replied.

"Then all we got to do is to check anywhere that's got anything to do with Shinra." Loz said.

"Hmm. but we'll have plenty of help soon." Kadaj stated.

"Boy, I can't wait." Loz said as he was looking at the materia.

"But first, we need a word with brother. He likes to pretend he's not part of the family. How he breaks....my heart!" Kadaj then aimed at a tree, making it fall. Marlene shrieked as it almost hit her.

"What about sister?" Yazoo suddenly asked.

Kadaj smirked. "We'll deal with her later too. She should know better not to get involved with brother."