Yeah

Somehow, Brett and I became really good friends.

He showed me around Devenford, his favorite places and a few places he hadn't quite indulged in. We talked endlessly. About? Well, almost everything. We talked about my family, his family, our problems, the world's problems, school, books, supernatural, and at one point we talked about werewolves. I'm still not sure what led us into that conversation.

He offered a ride home, or to at least pay for my bus, both of which I refused. However, he did ride with me. He was supposed to go back but I ended up giving a tour of most of Beacon Hills that I had quickly become familiar with.

Near the end, when we got back to the bus station, he said,

"Do you want to do this again next Friday?"

I wasn't the kind of girl that giggled and blushed and batted her eyelashes at you. I was the kind of girl who threatened you, got too passionate about things, tried not to show any weakness, and didn't take shit from people. But when Brett asked I had to smile, I had to.

"Sure, why not?"

We traded off numbers and I waved him off once he got on the bus, payed, and went on the thirty minute ride back to Devenford.

I continued on my path to my house, and once there I took off my shoes and went to my room.

I liked today. It made me feel happy, like there wasn't anything wrong. At all.

A knock on the door broke me out from my thoughts and I closed my laptop partially as I looked over my shoulder.

"Come in!"

Kira peaked her head through and I turned back and opened my computer up again, rolling my eyes.

"What's up, Kira?"

"Uh, I just wanted to know if you were okay and stuff..."

I rose an eyebrow and glanced behind me. Kira was biting her lip and had that wierd stiff posture that showed she was nervous.

"What do you actually want?"

She slouched, knowing she was done for. "Who were you at the bus station with?"

I turned around completely to her, my computer chair spinning me around. "Why do you care? What were you even doing at the bus station?"

"I just need to know, okay? It's really important."

I narrowed my eyes and stood. "Personally, no, I don't think you need to know. But I was with a boy I met. His name is Brett Talbot."

She froze at the name. "Brett Talbot?"

I nod. "Yeah-" I narrowed my eyes at her face. "What happened to your cheek?"

"Oh, nothing!" She then skitted out of my room and into hers. Strange sister, yes. Weird, yes. Loved sister, yes. We may not be as close as before but I don't love her any less than I did before.

Doesn't mean I trust her completely. Hell, I don't even trust Dad completely. They're all lying, all of them. No question in it.

And. It. Pisses. Me. Off.

Later on, I'm at my best friend's locker, the two of us smiling as we talk.

Lily laughs, her pixie cut swaying slightly. "No, I'm serious. The whole, naked and on the couch thing, oh my-seriously, Mari, you should've seen it! It was freaking awesome!"

"Well, why didn't you get it on video for me or something?" I laugh.

Lily Dixon had pixie cut dark hair, dark eyes, light skin, and is just beautiful in general. She's the kind of girl that's tough and messes with you and you can't help but like her.