xi. acting

CHAPTER ELEVEN
( ACTING )
IRL

PRIMROSE SAT AT HER register. her day so far was pretty uneventful. it was eleven forty five. fifteen minutes before her lunch break. she looked over at the concessions. nova was leaning on the counter unamused with the lack of customers. her friend caught eye of the redhead and began to make faces at her. prim couldn't help but laugh. it reminded her of that day when she met caleb. the day where that sexist man was kicked out.

an older woman appeared at the register. she began to place items onto the conveyor belt. prim smiled at her and then started to scan the items. a few minutes after the woman paid and left, primrose's timer went off. it was now her lunch break. her replacement, matt, came and relieved her. she began to head toward the break room when someone called her name.

"prim!"

prim swerved her head around to the entrance of the store. there stood caleb mclaughlin. he wore a gigantic smile. she met him halfway.

"hey?" it came off as more of a question.

"it's your lunch break." caleb stated.

"yeah, how'd you know?" primrose gulped.

"i-i assumed. anyways, come on, i'll take you out to eat to that caffe next door."

prim was a bit hesitant. it seemed too planned. like he knew when her lunch break was. the girl shook her head.

"no, it's fine. i have a sandwich in the break room."

"no, i insist." caleb frowned.

"okay fine." prim hated confrontation.

"perfect. now let's go, my friend." caleb quickly cheered up.

as the two teens walked out, primrose noticed willa standing at the starbucks counter smiling at the duo. she found it odd but thought nothing of it.

the two places there orders and waited for the food to arrive. prim didn't feel too good about this little outing. it just felt like something wasn't right.

"how did you know when my break was?" she raised an eyebrow.

"i told you-"

"friends don't lie." after she said that, the redhead broke into a fit of laughter.

"you're a comedian." caleb rolled his eyes playfully.

"answer the question." her face grew serious.

"i like this new found confidence." caleb smirked.

"caleb, the question."

"okay fine. after you told me you had work today, i went to your post and dmed your friend willa asking her what time your break was. so i could get you to go out to lunch with me." the boy admitted.

"oh my god. but why?"

"i want to get to know you better. in person. because from what i've seen so far, i really like you."

"that's kinda sweet. and yeah i agree, so far you've been a great friend."

caleb nearly winced. her words impacted him deeply. he was just friend zoned. tough break.

"yeah." he forced himself to keep his smile.

"so let's get to know each other better." prim placed her arms onto the table.

"okay. what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"love the generic questions," she smirked. "i don't know exactly. i would love to work with kids. i just don't know what i'd want to do exactly."

"that's actually really cool. now you ask me a question."

"do you ever just want to quit acting?" primrose notices that his smile dropped.

maybe she had crossed the line. did he not want to talk about acting? but acting was pretty much his whole life. wasn't it his passion?

"yes." he blankly said.

"oh. if you don't want to talk about-"

"no it's fine," caleb waved his hands. "the answer is yes. i don't get very much recognition as my other cast mates. like once i was hanging with millie and finn, and a fan came up to us and asked for a picture. they asked me to take the picture. like i didn't even phase them. like for the rest of my life i'll be taking the pictures instead of being in the pictures. so i've thought about quitting. but i've realized that fame isn't as important as me being happy as i act."

primrose frowned, "just to let you know, if i was the fan, i'd have finn and millie take the picture of us. no offense to your friends but they're overrated and there's better actors on the show than them. not saying they're bad, but there's better."

"thanks prim, it means a lot." his face began to heat up.

primrose smiled and placed her hand over caleb's. at that moment it was just them. just the two teens. hands touching and smiles beaming.

OLIVIA'S OPINIONS !

sorry this sucks :\