Chapter 2: Demon time

?'s POV

My eyes slowly started to open. I looked around at my surroundings as everything went into focus. I didn't recognize where I was. I noticed that there was a floating glowing stone in front of me. "Are you awake, master?" It said to me.

"How long has it been?" I managed to reply to it. I felt weak in my situation.

"340,865 years... the so-called humans were successful in trapping you in their magic, unfortunately for them, their power grows weak with every passing year. Most of them by now have lost the ability to use magic while others have used it as a toy."

"What about... her?"

"When I awaken I tried to track her using my magic but unfortunately she seems to be hidden or... she just disappeared."

"Disappeared? How can someone just disappear? I want you to find her. Do whatever it takes... I WANT HER NOW!" I yelled out making the stone float away. I managed to lift my hand and I was holding a necklace. "Whatever it takes..."

Emma's POV

As I sat on the couch patting Liam's head I couldn't get my head wrapped around what had happened today. I had so many questions but I'm not sure how to put them... like are Summon Demons people who deceased or are they just demons? "Agh! Why can't I understand all of this!?" I said to myself as Liam mew confused.

"Will you keep it down some people are trying to nap here..." said an annoyed voice.

"Oh, sorry! Wait... Who said that!?" I asked as I got up and looked around to see where the voice came from. Liam stayed on the couch.

"How rude... you already forgot I existed?? You are quite like Seto..." I saw Takahiro in his fox form near my balcony door.

"Takahiro?? When could you talk!? I thought you can only talk to people with your mind!?"

"I can but... it uses too much of my magic power. The only way I can recharge my power is by... yawn... n-... napping." He stretched out and then changed into a smaller kid version of himself. His mask was too big so it sat on his head revealing half of his face.

"What the!? You got smaller!?"

"Don't be dumb! I can make myself into a fox, a younger version of myself and a female version and not to mention my normal version. So, in other words, I have multiple versions of myself. It's just the many ways of being a Kitsune. Didn't they teach you this in school?" He said in a child's voice as he rubbed his eyes and yawned again.

"No... I thought they were a myth, but I thought you were a Summon Demon."

"No, many people call me that since there are no longer any other Kitsunes out there... only to my knowledge there are only 2 of them... me and another."

"Oh, wait, does that mean that Master Hiroki doesn't have any Summon Demons??"

"Nonsense... Daichi has two powerful Summon Demons. I stick around him since he's kinda like family. You see Kitsunes can live for a long time... that's why I have all the tails." He wags all six, fluffy tails, around.

"Two Summon Demons? Family... is that way you only talk to Master Hiroki and the Summon Demons because you know them?"

"Yup, I knew some of them before they became Summon Demons. They were my friends or family. Naturally, demons are born, some of them actually forget that they are demons and pretend to live a normal human life. I honestly don't remember the full to it..."

"Huh... that doesn't make sense... Rin told me his story. He regretted not telling his feelings to his beloved and then he died the same way that she did."