Intruder's in the base

⚠️ trigger warning ⚠️ talkings about killing, shooters, blood, stabbing.

the base was quiet for everyone, the two other members of the team are not here, Lucy and Luke were trying to get more food because there is no food at all.  Ethan and Jordan are alone until mid-morning tomorrow 

Jordan and Ethan don't mind it, they get it, its been 5 years since these two were by themselves, 5 years since the incident. right now, they are trying to keep the base from being overrun. they  need to make sure they have enough bullets for the guns and enough arrows for the bows. Jordan went to go fix the fence that exploded on the other side of the base.

it's too quiet for the both of them, it was like the zombies suddenly disappeared even though that wasn't the case. Jordan wiped the sweat off his forehead after he fixed the fence before pausing, hearing his phone ring.

It must be Lucy checking in to see if everything was fine, as it has become the normal routine over the last month as she couldn't trust both of them together

Jordan rolled his eyes and answered his phone. stepping away from the fixed fence, the young adult answers the call.

"hey, Jordan, how is everything. did anything break or explode" Lucy says sarcastically " hahaha Lucy, no nothing broke or exploded for your information"Jordan answered

Huffing a laugh, there's a bit of shuffling before Lucy answered again. "How's your night been? you guys been doing fine? no zombies going crazy or trying to kill you guys?"

Jordan rolls his eyes despite Lucy not being able to see him, he leaned against the one of the towers. "Nope, not tonight. it feels like too quiet, and no crazy zombies trying to kill us this time"

"Oh, so totally not outside with the concussion you still have?" Lucy asks pointedly, Jordan flushes guilty but obviously trying not to show it "Yep, obviously. I would never go out with a concussion."

There's a very sarcastic "Uh-huh" from the other side of the line, but Jordan ignores it.

Lucy laughs at his silence, "It is a bit too quiet here as well, isn't it? I feel as if hades are planning something, maybe?"

Somehow, Jordan is having the feeling that his evil clone  has something to do with it

but there is no proof but he knows it.

"maybe," Jordan responds, it's been a while since evil Eystreem or corrupt Steve has done anything, hell, even hades hasn't planned anything and that isn't normal, the brown haired adult knew that they were planning something big and maybe unexpected but who knows.

Jordan has a nagging feeling in the back of his mind. Its barely there but his instincts never lies. There's something not quite right about this peaceful moment at all.

something wrong, nothing in this world is peaceful anymore.

"Jordan? You fall asleep or something?" Lucy jokes, "I'm not a child anymore, I stopped being a kid  when the incident happed, I can take care of myself, Lucy." He snaps and the silence settles over them again. "sorry, just anxious that's all"

His instincts keeps annoying him on that weird feeling that's in the back of his mind, and something flashes in the corner of his vision near the gate.

Maybe he's just really anxious tonight, maybe his senses is telling him to go to one of the towers and just relax but he couldn't when he is anxious.

when that creepy, overwhelming feeling that something is wrong finally buzzes to life. His instincts aren't ever wrong, and he already had a feeling something was off.