1

"Why haven't you learned how to ride a bike?" My brothers girlfriend, Barbara laughed. My parents, brother and I were laughing and conversing.

"Because they never taught me!" I defended.

"What?! You never wanted to learn cause you were too scared!" My mom retorted.

"Who wouldn't? But I really did want to learn."

"What if you did the same thing to the bike than when I bought you the skates?" We all turned to look at my dad.

"What happened?" My brother asked.

"I bought them and spent more than one hundred dollars on getting everything, just so she wouldn't learn to use them." My dad looked at me as he spoke. Jonathan, my brother, let out a sarcastic 'wow' and shook his head at me. I spaced out, ignoring their stupid remarks as they kept on talking about how ungrateful and undeserving I was.

It always happened like this. We would be talking about one thing, and somehow it would lead to me. It wouldn't always be good, at the contrary, they would mostly talk shit about me. And I hated it. I hated it so much, just like I hate myself.

'Oh she did this wrong.'

'Oh she couldn't even do that.'

'Oh she's such a pig and so lazy.'

'Oh she's so helpless and stupid and-'

"She's a lunatic, like sometimes when I pick her up from school she doesn't even talk to me! She just sticks her earphones in and stays quiet." My mom exclaimed.

"Wow...you are a lunatic." Barbara laughed. I stayed quiet for a while before I couldn't take it being with them anymore.

I got up and left. Tears sprung in my eyes as I walked to my room. They spilled out like Niagara Falls once I slammed my door shut. My sobs were choked and irritated as I pulled at my hair. It was a mix of sadness and anger. A feeling I get most of the time.

There was one person I could count on to make me feel sane, make me feel human and like I actually mean something. His name was Michael and he was my boyfriend. He was the only person to show love to me. My mind calmed itself at the thought of him and an idea popped inside my head.

*_*_*

My feet padded against the sidewalk. It was midnight and the streets were mostly empty as I walked to Michael's house. Clothes, money, and other important stuff were stuck into a suitcase I was dragging behind me.

Once I got to his house, I didn't hesitate to enter. He had given me a key and told me to use it whenever I wanted. I paused for a second to leave the suitcase and proceeded to climb up the stairs to where he surely was. As I walked closer, I could hear noises. I opened the door and I was shocked. Michael was fucking a girl in the same bed he took my virginity from me.

"Wow. Live porn." They both looked up. Michael quickly pulled out of the girl and she hurried to cover herself up. I shook my head as I walked down the stairs and out the door. He was close behind me as he called my name. I haled a taxi and got in.

"Please! Alexandria listen to me! I was drunk! I'm sorry! Alexandria!" Michael banged on the door of the car. I shook my head at him and the driver took off.

"Where are we going Miss?"

"To the airport please." I looked out the window one last time to see Michael's decreasing figure.

It would be the last time I would see him alive.