2

5 years later

Michael's p.o.v

I smiled softly at Calum. Ashton and Luke holding there own conversation together. For a while, we stood quiet. The music was pounding loudly in the background as I sipped my drink.

My eyes scanned the dance floor once before turning back to Calum.

"Why don't you go dance Michael?" he asked as he kept drinking from his beer. I shrugged, my lips pouting a little.

"Nah."

"Well, I am. I'll be back. Maybe.." His gaze directed behind me, not even glancing at me. I rolled my eyes once he stood up.

Not wanting to interfere with Ashton and Luke, I chugged the rest of my drink and directed myself towards the restroom.

After doing my business, I walked out and decided to get another drink. Once I asked the guys if they wanted drinks and giving Calum a pitiful look, I went to the bar.

"Four Coronas please?"

"Sure thing!" the bartender flashed me a smile and left.

I turned around. My eyes gazed at the sea of sweaty bodies and drunks. Just as I was going to turn back, something caught my eye.

It couldn't be. But she.. It couldn't be. Alex's pretty brown eyes caught mine and she stared at me. She was dancing like no ones business. Everything she wore was white. A white rose flower crown laid on her head. I haven't seen her look so happy and beautiful in a long time.

She stopped dancing and smiled at me. It was genuine, and it startled me. Could she really be looking at me? I smiled back and she made her way towards me. My hands started shaking with every step she took.

"Hey Mikey." her snakebites shimmered in the dark by the side of her wide smile. "How are you?"

"Hi Alexandria. I'm fine..um. How are you?" I stammered.

"It's nice to hear that. See you later." She flashed me one last smile before going back to dancing.

Before I could protest, the bartender called me over. I thanked her and left. For the rest of the night I kept a subtle eye on Alexandria

*_*_*_*_*

It was 11 pm, almost midnight. Party animals still going hard while I sat in the booth.

My stomach flipped. A boy, probably around my age, was talking with Alex. They were laughing and smiling at each other. It lasted until she grabbed his arm and they proceeded to exit the club. As if she knew I was looking, she turned around and stared back. I felt like I was being choked in on the inside.

"What is it Mikey? You look you've seen a ghost."