Chapter 7

02/26/17

Taehyung couldn't hide his excitement as he was getting prepared in the fitting room. Even though BTS had to wake up at five in the morning to get ready for the music show, there was no trace of tiredness in his eyes as he went over the choreography of Spring Day with Jimin. 

"Calm down Tae," Jimin told him. "You're gonna use up all your energy."

Tae continued bouncing around. "I have endless energy right now." He refuted. "Just thinking about formally meeting a member of Blackpink for the first time gives me enough strength to do anything." He exclaimed.

"I must say I'm a bit excited to meet that look alike of mine." Jin chuckled.

"Okay we're all ready." RM announced. "Let's go meet the MCs then guys." 

The members couldn't control their jitters as they looked up at the sign of the changing room of the final MC they needed to greet. 

In bold letters, the name KIM JISOO was printed.

"Well, here goes nothing." RM said and pushed open the door.

"Hello." 

"Hello." 

The BTS members all formally greeted and bowed ninety degrees to the girl who was currently sipping an espresso on the couch.

Jisoo's  eyes widened in surprise as she recognized who they were. She quickly put her drink on the coffee table and stood up while bowing at the same time.

"Hello, I'm Kim Jisoo of Blackpink and an Inkigayo MC today." She politely addressed them.

"Hello, we're BTS." RM spoke for the group. "I hope we work well together today." 

Although he's seen Blackpink many times before, Taehyung still was surprised at how pretty Jisoo was. "No wonder she's the visual." He thought to himself. Even though she hadn't even put on makeup yet, her natural beauty was enough to blind him. And she seemed so genuine too. The way she constantly had a smile on her face when she was addressing the group made him feel all warm and cozy inside. He couldn't help but flash his own boxy smile at her. She noticed his sudden smile and giggled a bit in return. Jin noticed this exchange and nudged V slightly. He quickly toned his smile down a notch.

"Well, we'll see you later for recording. Thank you for the hard work." RM concluded and started pushing his unwilling members away.

"Thank you for the hard work and good luck on your performance." Jisoo replied. One final bow from V and the door was swiftly closed.

"Phew." BTS members took a collective sigh in the hallway. 

"Let's go Tae. What are you doing?" Jimin lightly ruffled Taehyung's hair. 

Taehyung snapped out of his reverie. "She lights up the whole room." He thought.

"Live starts in five minutes." An Inkigayo staff shouted in BTS's dressing room through the doorway.

"Yipee, let's go already!" Tae bounded over to the door. RM quickly filed in behind him and then the rest of the members followed suite.

BTS got into their respective positions behind the MCs who were doing some last minute practice in front of the camera.

"She even looks pretty from behind." RM whispered to Jimin, who was standing in front of him. V noticed and frowned slightly. 

A staff member started announcing. "Live in 3, 2, 1. Now."

The three MCs did a cheerful introduction announcing BTS's appearance and hurried to their spots. Jisoo stood next to Suga, who was standing next to V. Taehyung internally scolded himself for not standing in Suga's spot and looked at Jisoo out of the corner of his eye. He internally screamed when he noticed that Suga's hand accidentally hit Jisoo's thigh. "How could he be so clumsy?" V thought to himself. "What if she thinks it was on purpose and that we were all perverted or something?" He was so caught up in his thoughts that he almost missed the timing to say his line. 

"Ahh I think I need to go apologize." Suga said in the change room after the awards were over.

"For what?" Jin asked him quizzically.

"He hit Jisoo on the thigh during the interview." Taehyung answered before Suga could.

"You did what?" RM exclaimed.

"Yeah, it was by accident." Suga admitted while rubbing the back of his head.

"Come on, I'll take you to go apologize." RM said to Suga.

"I want to go too." V whined.

"Don't you think three is a bit too overboard for an apology?" Jungkook asked while eating snacks in the corner.

"It's better if I go since I'm the leader." RM argued. "It'll make more sense."

V glared at him. "Fine then." He pouted.

RM and Suga left the room with their manager.

"I'm going to the washroom then." V announced and left.

V was about to walk into the men's washroom by the main entrance when he spotted Jisoo about to leave with her manager.

"Wait!" V called out and ran to her.

Jisoo turned around in confusion.

"Hello, I'm Taehyung of BTS." V introduced himself and bowed. Jisoo smiled at him reassuringly.

"Oh! Hello." 

"Um," V stuttered. "My members are looking for you because Suga wanted to apologize for hitting you by accident during the interview."

Jisoo looked confused for a second and then realization dawned on her face. "Oh that!" She blushed and shook her head in embarrassment. "That's ok. I know he didn't mean to." She giggled a little.

"She's so cute and understanding." V thought.

"Oh that's good. I apologize on his behalf." V bowed a little.

"No, no, that's ok." She waved her hands at him. "But thanks anyways." She turned to leave.

"Bye!" He called after her.

Jisoo turned and waved at him.

The whole way back to the change room, V couldn't keep the smile off his face. "Was this destiny?" He thought to himself.

Phew. We're finally getting somewhere with this relationship. :) If you haven't noticed already, fate is a big theme in this book.