Chapter 4

"Um, are you ok?"

Hermione looked uncertainly at the scene in front of her. A boy, around the same age as her, was sat unceremoniously on the floor, armour littered all around him. She watched as a small red flush on his cheeks appeared before he stood up rapidly, knocking all the armour around and scaring Hermione in the process. Her hand gripped her wand harder - a movement that he seemed to notice.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, Miss -?"

She watched as he paused, waiting for her to introduce herself. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. How did this boy not know who she was? Not that she was complaining but it was a bit of a shock meeting someone new who didn't already know her name. She didn't even think that was a possibility anymore...

"Granger. Hermione Granger"

"Well, Miss Granger. Could you possibly tell me where I am?"

Hermione's eyes narrowed further. Who was this person and how did he not know where he was. Her eyes assessed him quickly, spotting a wand sticking out of a small bag that was slung over his shoulder, before flicking back up to meet his. He looked quite dishevelled, almost as if he had been in a duel of sorts. She frowned before straightening up, making sure she looked like the Head Girl of Hogwarts should.

"You're at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. What is your purpose for being here? Would you like me to fetch one of the Professor's?"

The man frowned at her sudden formality towards him, muttering words under his breath that she was obviously not meant to hear but she managed to catch some words.

"Hogwarts.. Alb- Dumbledore.. old.. weir-"

"You knew Professor Dumbledore?"

The words slipped out before she could stop them, she shocked of hearing her late headmasters name unhinging her for a moment. Her eyes widened as his eyes flicked back up to her, surprised.

"Yes. As a matter of a fact I do know- wait. Professor Dumbledore?"

Hermione stared at the man it front of her. Maybe she should call a teacher. Preferably Professor Mcgonagall.

"Yeeeess. Professor Dumbledore, better known as Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, holding the titles of: Order of Merlin, first class, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards, and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. Ring any bells?"

"No! I just apparated away from his bloody house, land in his old school and now apparently he's got all these bloody titles? Where is he?! This is just some trick to get me back for his sister"

Hermione stood there, eyes wide at the outburst. She thought back over the words the man just spoke. "This is just some trick to get me  back for his sister" He must mean Ariana. Ariana Dumbledore was dead.. Aberforth told us how him, his brother and Grindelwald had a fight and-

She froze, her mouth dropping open with a small 'pop'. She looked back into the eyes of the man in front of her. Please, for once in my life, let me be wrong.

"I'm sorry but I dont believe you told me your name"

Her voice was shaky. Please no, please no.

"Oh, my apologies. I'm Gellert. Gellert Grindelwald"

A/N: Another really short one guys, I'm really sorry. But my summer holidays start on Friday so I should be able to write longer ones but I want to build it up and there really wasnt much else to write.

I hope you enjoy!