Intro

Tamia POV
6:00 am
*alarm rings*
"Ughhhh"
I really did not want to get up today, it was just a day school wasn't fucking with me and I wasn't trying to fuck with IT.
Thankfully it's my senior year and I'm almost about to graduate! Parsons Design school couldn't come any quicker!
I rose up out of bed and made sure I secured my curly hair into a silk hair tie. I went to the bathroom to take care of my morning hygiene and realized my hair was a mess. A quick wash and go would do for today. I went down stairs to see my brother Kaine making breakfast.
"where's mom?" I asked.
"She went to work early to make some extra money, Goodmorning." He said kinda dryly.
"Oh, okay Goodmorning. You okay?" I asked.
"Yeah I'll be good, you have mail." He tossed some mail onto the hard cherrywood table.
To Tamia Simone, From:Dad
"Another one?" I asked.
"Yeah...another one." Kaine spoke. This must've been bothering him.
I opened up the letter just to skim it quickly before eating.
"To my sweet dear daughter, I hope you can forgive me someday some how. But just know my actions were never done to hurt you, your brother, or your mom. I love all of you dearly and hope you never forget that. I know it hasn't been easy since I've been away but I want you to remain humble, and stay a smart girl in school and out. Love you always, Daddy. "
"It's going to be okay babygirl" Kaine said as he hugged me tightly. I didn't even realize I was crying until I seen the shoulder on his shirt.
"How long has it been?" I asked as I tried to catch my breath.
"5 months Tuesday." He said unsteadily on the verge of tears.
My dad had gone to jail in December on 1 count of Murder. He shot and killed my moms only brother, Uncle Kevin. It was unexpected and definitely a tragedy. Allegedly my dad and Uncle Kevin had gotten into a disagreement about something in the past, one thing lead to another and our lives changed forever.
"I'm gonna go to school for only half a day today" I told Kaine with puffy eyes.
"Okay, just make sure you get all of your school work before you go, you graduate next month so there's no room to slack now." He said sternly.
Kaine was my older brother, he was 25 and had a beautiful girlfriend named Kelsey. They've been together for 7 years now. Kaine has always been like a father figure to me, but he was much cooler. He wasn't really strict but he never let me fall on my face.
"Okay, I might stay the whole day depends on how I'm feeling" I said, as I kissed his cheek. Walking out the door I almost forgot my backpack, I was completely out of it today and was certainly looking forward to the day to be over with. As I grabbed my car keys out of my book bag I unlocked the doors of my Chevy Impala. Nothing too fancy but I loved my car, it got me where I needed to go and was so cute to me. Getting in the car I made sure I hadn't forgotten anything and pulled out the driveway. I had to pick my best friend Kori up in just a few minutes from home. It took me less than 5 minutes to arrive at her house before texting her saying I'm outside.
"Hey bitch!" She squealed as she hopped in the passenger seat throwing her book bag across to the backseat.
"Hey hoe" I chuckled.
Me and Kori have been best friends since preschool, she's the only one I can fully trust 100%. I've got her back and she's got mine.
"I'm really not fucking with school today I hope you know that" I laughed pulling into our school parking lot.
"Sheittt, I'm not fucking with it either, my ass forgot we had a paper due in Mr.Moland's class!"
"I did it the day he assigned, I'll let you scan it but make sure you use your own words heffa." I chuckled.
That was one thing about me, I always made sure my school work was done, and done correctly. Getting my work out of the way gave me so much free time to help around the house, and just relax when necessary.
"Thanks girl, I was gone do that anyway you know me." She reassuringly stated.
———————————————

As we walked into the classroom for homeroom I seen...him.
"What the fuck." I said to myself.
"Hey Mia" Dave has said to me.
"Dave." I stayed sternly. I definitely wasn't trying to converse with him any longer.
" I apologize for last night... something came up at home, my mom hasn't been feeling to well. I tried to call but, my phone had no service because I forgot to pay the bill, I'm paying it today after work though." He said wearily.
My stern aggravated look softened, his dark brown eyes had met mine. He began to walk over next to the seat next to me and sat down, his Gucci cologne lingered in the air.
"I'm so sorry dave, I feel horrible for assuming is she okay?" I asked genuinely.
His mom has been sick for the past 6 months, the doctors say it might be cancer but the test have been coming up inconclusive.
"She's okay, according to her...you know how that goes" he trailed off.
"But I hope I can make it up to you this weekend, I'm trying to spend time with you. It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." He said with a slight smile.
It was something about him just him in general made me smile. He was charismatic, genuine, kind, smart, sweet and talented.
I mean this man had ambition galore and that's what attracted me to him to most. I've known Dave for about 3 years now and we've just started liking each other this year. Only time will tell how this goes but I hope it's all positive.

———————————————
Comment
Vote
Add to your library ♥️