Chapter 4

Dave POV
Waking up, I just realized it was finally graduation day, damn... a nigga finally made it. I was so overwhelmed with emotions I couldn't even describe how I felt right now. As I rose up out of bed I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in" I spoke.
"Hey son, Goodmorning " my mother replied.
"hey ma, what's going on" I said.
"Nothing much, I made you breakfast in bed for your special day" she said as she looked at me with kindness.
There's nothing I wouldn't do for this woman, she does so much for me and my family alone.
"Thanks ma, love you" I said to her as she walked out the door.
"Love you too" she said as she walked down the hall.
After I finished my breakfast I decided it was time for me to go ahead and get my hair cut. I've been thinking about growing it out but I don't know when I want to go through with it yet.
Hopping out of the bed I headed to the bathroom to take care of my hygiene. Stepping out the shower I made sure I brushed my teeth and lotioned up before I put on my black tee and gold chain. Spraying some of my Gucci cologne, I headed out the door.
———————————————
Tamia's POV

Woken up by my mother, who practically scared me out of my sleep, I suddenly realized it was graduation day. Shit.
"MIA WAKE UP" she yelled.
" mama I'm up, I'm up." I was certainly not ready for today. Today was supposed to be perfect. I shouldn't have mixed emotions. Plus my dad is in jail for the murder of my Uncle. Both men in my life not here today, plus me and Kain kind of got into it last night. I wanted to update dad on everything that was going on and how I was feeling about things just to get closure. Kaine didn't really like it and called me "an ungrateful whore who betrayed the family" the only thing I was looking forward to today was for it to be over.
Getting out the bed I made sure I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I braided my hair last night for the wig I wanted to wear today. After putting the wig on I texted Kori.
"Hey bf wyd"
" Nothing much, BITCH WE GRADUATING TODAY🤪🤪🤪" she replied.
I couldn't do anything but chuckle that girl was a mess.
I wonder what Dave was doing. I've missed him so much he was the only person keeping me sane right now besides my bestfriend and mom.
Walking towards the closet I felt a sharp pain in my foot.
"Ouch what the fuck!" I yelled.
It was a razor blade....not just any razor blade tho. This is the blade I used when I used to cut myself. I haven't done it in a while but when my Uncle died, that's when it started. No one knows though, not even Kori. And I don't think I plan to tell anyone anytime soon. Looking at my wrist tears formed in my eyes. How could I even do this to myself?  Snapping out of my thoughts there was a knock on the door. Quickly pulling my sleeve down I told whoever it was to come in. It was Kaine bitch ass.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"To apologize.." he looked at me with extreme guilt, looking as if he had been the one hurt the most by this.
"Mimi I'm really sorry for what I said to you last night. I had a few drinks in me and I didn't mean it, I love you with everything in me you're like my daughter. And I hate that I showed that side of me to you. Please forgive me Mia. I'm so sorry.." as tears flowed from his cheeks I looked at him with weariness.
"Kaine what you said wasn't cool at all. Words hurt, especially from people you love. I didn't expect to hear those things from you. Especially given the fact that you're my only brother. I understand a few drinks can make you do some crazy things but they can also let the truth out. I forgive you but if it happens again our relationship will be at stake." I explained.
Pulling me into a hug he gave me a card. Opening it it was a statement from the bank.
Enclosed in this envelope is confidential to Tamia Simone. The amount of $40,000 has been added to your account from the Simone Trust Fund. It is honor that the Bank of America gives you full ownership of the amount listed above.
I couldn't believe it, it was actually my money now. My parents have always told me they had money in a trust fund for me that I couldn't touch until I graduated high school but I didn't know it was this much. Filled with joy I began to thank God for his grace and mercy. He never fails me and never will.
After putting the letter back into the envelope I thanked Kaine. With him working at the Bank of America he somehow added a higher amount of money to my trust fund amount by raising the percentage taken out by dads check over the years.
When Kaine walked out I soon proceeded to get ready for the day, I placed my outfit onto the bed as I stared at it in awe, I picked out a white suit set from pretty little thing along with my white Christian Louboutin heels, I always dreamed of walking across the stage in those and it's finally happening.
As I was about to start getting dressed I heard my phone ring, it was Dave. Unlocking my phone revealed the sweet message he sent me.
Dave😍🥰♾-" It's finally graduation day baby girl, we've made it! Can't stop now. I'm beyond proud of you and can't wait to see you later on tonight. I booked us a room for us to get away after.😘"
He's so sweet. I was thinking about getting a room graduation night, so I'm glad he followed through with it. Soon as I proceeded to get dressed I realized that it would be smarter for me to put my makeup on first before getting dressed. Given that I'm wearing all white. I decided to do minimum makeup with some loose curls. I decided to pair it with a red lip to make my outfit pop. Hearing my door open I turned to see who it was. It was my cousin Toni, Uncle Kevin's daughter. I've missed her so much, you'd think there's been a divide in the family but that wasn't the case at all. Our moms stayed close, after all they always said it was them against the problem and not against each other.
"Mimi, you look gorgeous I'm so proud of you, Daddy would've been too." She said as she hugged me tightly.
"I know, thank you so much Nini" I replied back, I love our bond.
"You look bomb as fuck in them red bottoms bitch!" She laughed.
"Thanks honey you know I had to pull these out."
" okay guys we have to leave now!" My mom yelled up the stairs.
"Coming!" We both replied back.
It was now or never. Finally closing one chapter of my life and beginning a new one.