One Step Closer

Jihoon smiles at Jaesun when the man comes into the room with breakfast on a plate. 

"Good morning." Jihoon greets.

Jaesun smiles back. "Good morning, Jihoonie." He places the plate on the cat's lap and takes the glass off it. "I'll get you some water."

Jihoon nods as he looks up at him innocently. "Thank you."

Jaesun swallows a lump in his throat as he goes to the bathroom and opens the tap. "I've heard something happened last night. Are you feeling okay today?"

"Yeah. It was just... my hearing sense. I heard something no one else can hear." Jihoon's voice becomes quieter. 

Jaesun glances over his shoulder while reaching inside his pocket for a pill. His hand is shaking as it hovers over the glass. He doesn't want to do this to Jihoon - the boy didn't do anything to deserve a painful death. But that's what Jaesun thought about his mother when she was murdered several centuries ago. 

It's not Jihoon's fault but it is his mate's.

><

Taehyung's eyes open when his entire body tenses. He gasps as his heart bangs against his chest. He wakes up Yoongi whose body is on fire. There's not strength in his body to speak but it seems like Yoongi senses his restless state and wakes up.

"What? You smell funny." Yoongi mumbles.

The fallen angel feels his wound itching. Then it starts to burn. He ignores Yoongi's questions and leaves the bed. Yoongi runs after him and grabs his hand.

"Taehyung!?" He catches the angel before he hits the ground. Blood drips from Taehyung's nose as his eyes close.

Yoongi screams for someone to get inside to help him. His breathing picks up pace as he watches him helplessly. The only thing he can think about is Taehyung's immortality finally leaving his body. 

><

Jihoon takes the glass of water from Jaesun's hand and thanks him once more. Jaesun sits next to the bed and watches.

"How long have you been here, hyung?"

Jaesun's eyes snap from the glass and to the boy but he's busy eating to notice. "Uh, I think it's been about fifty years."

"Oh. So you didn't know my parents?"

Jaesun fakes a sympathetic smile and shakes his head. "No. But my mom told me about these people so I... did my best to honor her last wish."

Jihoon turns to look at the man but he looks down to avoid his eyes. The cat pouts as he thinks of his aunt and uncle. They're not his biological parents but he loves and respects them  as much as he would've his real parents. 

"That makes you a good son, hyung." Jihoon smiles. Jaesun stares at the ground. "I'm sure  you're a great person, Jaesun-hyung. I can see that."

Jaesun manages a small nod and a thanks. Jihoon takes the glass  of water. Tears spring to Jaesun's eyes as he realizes how innocent Jihoon is in this mess and he's sure he wouldn't be able to carry Jihoon's death on his conscience.

There's little time to think and debate just how much pain Mingyu deserved but Jaesun has to act immediately. 

Jihoon's life and death depend on the amount of Jaesun's guilt.

Without thinking he reaches out towards the glass and knocks it out of Jihoon's hands. Before Jihoon can ask him anything, the door opens and a few people come barging in with Mingyu among them. The cat wants to ask him about the situation but his mate grabs Jaesun and throws him across the room.