Lily's Surprise

Before Mike knew it, it was the end of April. Time always flew by at the end of the school year, with the performance schedules, the standardized testing, and the spring holidays. He was stressed, but it was the good kind of stress, the type he lived for as a musician. Things were coming together at school, and his personal life wasn't anything to frown upon either.

He'd been a good son lately, dutifully showing up for Sunday family dinners, playing with his nieces and enjoying the company of his parents, brother, and sister-in-law. Sunday dinner was one of the first things he'd stopped attending when Brad left him, the sympathy of his family and shame of being alone more than he wanted to deal with at the time. But now Chester was in his life. Maybe not in a way that he could share yet, but the knowledge that he was once again building a relationship with someone was confidence boosting.

Since their shopping date, there had been two free weekends spent with Chester when he didn't have the girls. The connection between the two of them grew with every moment they shared, and despite both of them desiring the other, they'd been careful not to get carried away. Making out on the couch like virgin teenagers was fine, and they had even bravely explored each others skin, learning the spots that sent shivers down each other's spines and pulled gasps and moans from their lips. Chester knew the place under Mike's chin that would drop his head back in pleasure every time he kissed there, and Mike knew that lightly running his fingertips over Chester's nipples resulted in shivers and gasps from the other man.

Mike had felt Chester's body pressed against his, but they had both refrained from any further petting. In the back of his mind, at least, he knew that all self control would be out the window the moment they started touching more intimately and taking off clothes. Just the thought of sliding his hand down the front of Chester's jeans was almost more than he could handle. He knew when he got to that point, there would be no holding back.

Even now, buried in paperwork at his desk, filling out form after form for the multiple trips the band was going on soon, the thought of finally knowing what Chester was hiding under his jeans caused Mike's cock to twitch. Just the idea of anything sexual was overwhelming. It's been so long. Too long. Is it summer, yet? I am so ready for our relationship to not be wrong. I'm so ready to be able to move this to the next place. I know he is, too. I love his good morning texts and I love spending time with him. Even Lexie is starting to get used to having him around. I'm so, so ready.

The bell rang to dismiss Rob's class, and Mike sighed, pressing the little save icon on his school desktop. He was still at least an hour's worth of work away from being able to submit his travel requests, and it was irritating to have to stop in the middle of things.

Stepping out of the office, he was almost run over by two kids on their way out of the room and rushing to their math class, and was in the middle of fussing at them for running in the band hall when Lily came in. Her bright yellow GAP hoodie stuck out against the ocean of black t-shirts and hoodies of the students around her. She looked like a yellow crayon in a box full of black.

But it was her demeanor that caught Mike's attention immediately. For once she was alone, and silent. He sent Brendan and Aidan on their way and turned to watch Lily get her flute from her locker. The normally bubbly girl who was always surrounded by friends and being chastised for coming into the rehearsal space too loudly was in her own world. It was a big red flag that something was wrong, and it wasn't a consideration that she was Chester's daughter, or that she didn't really seem to like Mike. All he saw was a student whose behavior was crying out for attention, and so he did what he always did in that situation.

Mike walked to the front of the room, his coffee cup in one hand and method book in the other. "Lily? Everything okay?" Mike asked, watching from the podium as Chester's daughter jammed her flute together and hunched over in her seat, her long hair covering her face, two black streams against the yellow sunshine of her sweatshirt.