Growing up

Growing up me & Demi were fine, we lived next door to each other, we'd stay over at the others house, & when we were 13-15 we snuck out every chance we got. Demi & I were a team. Today, we're still the best of friends considering she's famous & shit, but I've been baring a secret from her ever since I could remember. I'm a lesbian.

"Emma, come on, we're gonna be late for this party !" Demi shouts from downstairs.

"Hold your damn horses, I'm putting on my shoes" I hollered back.

I was wearing a black beanie, a baby blue v-neck, black skinny jeans & black vans.

I run down the stairs in hurry, grab the keys, grab the liquor I bought, & flood out.

I'm 21, & Demi is 20, so I was always the one to buy the alcohol.

"Did you get my drink?" She closed the car door.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry, I got all the shit we need" I say angrily.

"Whoa, why are you being a bitch?"

"Because, I'm pissed off." I shrug it off "just let me cool off Dems." I say calmly.

We drive in silence for about 15 minutes before Demi broke the silence.

"What's wrong Em?" She looked worried.

"I just had a really hard conversation with someone that is really important to me." I say without using the word girl.

"was it a guy ? I'll rip his balls off." She smiles & puts her hand on mine. "I got your back no matter what! Someone fucks with you, they fuck with me!" We both laugh for a moment as we finally reach our destination.

It wasn't a big party. 10 people at most. It was our friend jakes birthday & he wanted to keep it small. Jake was gay, & his boyfriend planned out the whole thing.

Jake & Ashton (Jakes bf) were the only ones who knew I was a lesbian. I guess the Gaydar finally started going off when they saw me flirting with Lyza, the girl I had a "hard conversation" with.

We walked in to the house with out knocking, & set the alcohol down in the kitchen.

Jake & Ashton both welcome us with a hug.

"Hey girls, thanks for coming !" Ashton said frantically.

"Hey, anything for my brother" I smile at Jake.

Everyone else began to crowd in (only 8 more people) & the party started.

Just so you know, I won't drink Cause I'm always the driver.

2 hours past by & everyone is getting ready for the hard alcohol. I was about to go out for a smoke when Ashton pulls me into a game of spin the bottle. Everyone was playing.

"Em, you go first, cause you bout all the alcohol!" Ashton points at the bottle. I get on my knees & twirl the bottle. The bottle spins about 3 times before it lands. It lands on one of the guys. I thought I might puke, when it landed..

"Oooo, get it Emma !" Demi laughs.

Demi has never seen me kiss a guy before, so it was extremely awkward when I leaned in & kissed the guy. I backed up, & slowly wiped my mouth off.

Demi looks at me strangely. "No like?"

I just sat there with plain expression.

When Demi's turn came, she kissed the same guy I did.

It was my turn again. I reach for the bottle & twist. It comes around 3 times, & Guess where it lands ? Demi. I look at Demi from the corner of my eye & she's staring at me.

"Are you gonna kiss me...? Or not" Demi looks at me confused.

"No, I'm not gonna kiss you." I get up & rush to the door. Jake is right behind me.

"Emma!" He says closing the door behind us. "What's wrong baby girl ?" He says gripping my shoulders.

"I can't do that Jake, I can't ruin our friendship like this." I say lighting a cigarette. "I've been in love with her since we 5. She can't know that I'm a lesbian." I say beginning to panic.

"Em, I'm gay, what makes you think that she's gonna care you're a lesbian?" He stares at me.

"Bro, I've seen her naked. I've undressed her, & clothed her on her tour nights when she was to fucked up to do it herself. That's gonna be her excuse."

Just than the door opens & Demi pops her head out, glaring at me.

"So, what you're a homophobe now?" She walks toward me & crosses her arms.

"Not even close Demi." I say looking at the ground. She pushes my shoulder & starts yelling.

"ITS A FUCKING GAME! WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS OUR WHOLE LIVES & YOU CANT KISS ME?" She's extremely pissed.

"Why are you yelling at me Demetria ?" I look at her coldly. "I don't want to kiss you cause you're my bestfriend."

"Wouldn't you be more comfortable kissing your own bestfriend than?" Her face becomes more calm.

"Demi, I can't do this with you. You're drunk." I scoff.

Demi looks hurt.

"I may be drunk, but I understand what's going on right now. Just tell me why you don't want to kiss me, & I'll leave you alone."

"Demi..."

"Tell me now"

"I'm a lesbian"

Demi stood there frozen in the moment, than she looks at jake. Jake shakes his head yes to confirm.

I grab the keys out of my pocket & get in the car. Demi didn't move or say anything as I started the car & drove away.