Chapter 1

It was one stormy day in Australia. James was just beginning to go to bed when he suddenly heard a strange noise. It sounded strange. He couldn't describe what it was. James then called out to his parents.

"Mum! Dad!"

There was no response. James decided to head to the lounge which was where his parents usually would have been at night, watching a reality show. But there was no sign of any of them. Suddenly, the ground began to shake. Lightly at first, but it got more intense every second. James couldn't stand on his feet so he fell to the ground. Moments later, he fainted.

When James woke up, he found himself in a location with mushrooms hopping around. James then realized that he had a stick in his right hand. He didn't know what to do with it until a mushroom came charging towards the defenseless human. James had to act quickly so he grabbed hold of the stick and started whacking the mushroom. After the battle, there were mushroom spore. Although he had some bruises, it was alright. From a distance, he noticed a man crying.

James headed towards the man quietly and began a conversation.

"Um, excuse me, may I help you?"

"Huh? Oh! An adventurer! Please do!"

"What's wrong?"

"My wife has a horrible disease and I am making medicine but I'm missing 20 spores!"

"You mean 20 of these?"

James showed the man the spore he had gotten from the mushroom.

"Oh yes! Those! Could you help me get 20?"

"Yes of course!"

"Thank you... Um... May I ask for your name?"

"James."

"James! My name is Scruff and good luck on getting me 20 of the spores!"

"Ok Scruff. I'll try my best."

Just like that, the conversation ended and James had a quest to complete. James thought to himself on how he could get the spores easily.