The next stage.

"I could open myself more at school." I thought.

Back in my HS days, after dismissal, I see my classmates and other boys suiting up and set a basketball game. Usually it's just 3 versus 3 because we only have one court. But I asked myself, "Could I play with these guys? Makakasabay kaya ako sa kanila?"

There came one afternoon that I was free of academic matters to be passed, so when I was about to go home, one of my classmates invited me to play ball. At first I was hesitant, because they seem like playing at a varsity level and I have no match to them. But I felt like that I was a killjoy so I joined them.

As I stepped on the court, nervousness grew over my spine. I was tasked to guard my classmate, who is 6'0 and I'm just 5'5. I felt hesitant to continue, but the game started. I have no choice, but to use what I know.

Well at the end of the game, I analyzed what I did. I felt like pinaglaruan lang ako because I am not yet that competitive and my height is not enough to match with them. I only had two points and two rebounds in that game. But my classmates never discouraged me. After the game, they invited me to play with them every afternoon so that I would learn more from them. I said yes, but not always because I am an academic person, making sure that studies is my first priority.

But there would be times that every dismissal where I would often cross by the court... I felt hesistant at times to play with them, because I would always remember the days na pinaglalaruan lang ako sa court. But one of my classmates encouraged me, saying:

"Papano ka matututo kung aayaw ka? Gusto mo ngang maging magaling pero dito pa lang natatakot ka na? Anong gusto mong mangyari?"

From that moment, I became motivated. I promised to myself that I would work hard to be better in the game. Lucky enough, my classmates and fellows shared their experiences to me on how to play better. Day by day, I kept playing with them, and also, I practice at home. I practiced all my skills, from shooting to rebounding. 

That proved fruitful though, as I was picked to play for my team in the Intramurals, from Sophomore to Senior. I was even picked to represent my school at an interschool competition. But first, let's focus on my Senior journey, which proved to be the most heartbreaking loss of my journey towards my passion.