Reason to Live Part 15

(Adrian)

Victoria moved to follow them all inside, but I held her back until everyone was inside.  She looked at me questionably.

I pulled her to me, my arms wrapping around her waist, as I murmured, "I just want a moment to cherish you...with no one around."

Her arms slowly made their way around my neck, and goosebumps raised on my skin from her touch.  "To cherish what?"

"Everything we have been through and that we still came back to each other.  Our pasts, our lives, and now our new future," I rumbled deeply as she shivered from the sound of my deep voice.  "You give me a reason to live, you know that right?  You will always, and forever be...my saving grace."

She smiled slowly, the corners of her mouth raising into a soft grin, "You protected me from so much more than just bad guys, you protected me from fear of what I might become.  You will always be my guardian, and I love you."  She pulled my forehead to hers, hands cupping my face.  I pressed my lips to her, hands tangled in the thick, red locks.  We pulled apart, and I held her hand as we entered the house and into a new life.

(Victoria)

As soon as we entered, our noses filled with the sweet scent of flowers and our eyes widened with awe.  Greenery filled every corner of the cottage.  Climbing roses thickly covered the wall where a TV was hanging, and vines covered the doorway to the kitchen where everyone was chowing down, creating a beautiful scene.  Plants, in pots, ran over the edges.  Tallica and Hugh's home was covered in vibrate pinks,  bright yellows, deep purples, and beautiful reds of every shade.  Petunias, lilies, and snapdragons grew in abundance everywhere.  Herbs were lined up in the kitchen window sills. We slowly walked in where everyone was seated around a table with a flower mural painted on the top.  They munched on chips, veggies, and fruit, laughing and describing what had happen to Crystal and Scott.  I smiled at the scene because the only family I had ever known was my little sister, Julie, Kira, and Puck.  Now, I had friends and a loving extended family full of mismatched werewolves and their mates, who had rare and different powers.   I smiled happily at the thought.  Just because you're different doesn't mean it is a curse, it is just a gift in disguise.  You just have to be able to see it.  

Adrian nudged me, and asked, "What are you smiling about?"

"Oh, nothing much, just about a certain silver-eyed werewolf," I whispered as we stepped through the archway.  "Tallica, you have a beautiful home."

"Thanks," Hugh answered teasingly.  "I decorated it myself."

Tallica smacked his arm, smiling, "Thank you.  Sometimes my gift can go a little crazy with plants as you can see."

"Yeah, you should see the garden," Hugh laughed, brown eyes warm while shoving a chip into his mouth.  

"Actually, I would love a tour of your place," I answered and Adrian choked his laughter back at Tallica's triumphant look thrown in Hugh's direction.  Tallica hopped up, and took Crystal and I out around the house.

(Adrian)

I watched as Vic walked away with the rest of the women.  Her hips swayed and she smiled at something Tallica said.  Her amber, coppery eyes caught the light of the fading sunset and I sighed in contentment.  Someone smacked my arm, and I jerked, glaring at Scott.

"Are you alright?" Scott gazed at me knowingly.

"Yeah, I'm going to be more than okay," I spoke clearly, knowing he was referring to my past as well.

He nodded silently, glancing at Puck and Kira.

"Boy, look at us," Hugh motioned around the table.  "Three adventures, three girls with three different and weird powers, and all of us have them as mates."

"Not weird," I watched Victoria listen intently to my sister.  "Just different."

"Well, I have to get back to headquarters and try to get FDRS back operating," Kira stood as Puck went out to wait in the car.  I walked out into the hallway with her and to the vehicle.

"How...how did you know that we would be able to work together?" I scratched my head.

"She needed a protector, yes, but...she needed YOU," Kira laid a hand over my heart.  "She has always needed you, she just never saw it."  She smiled, and waited as I opened the door for her.

"Be safe," I closed the door and watched them drive away.  

"What now?" Victoria appeared next to me, and I pulled her closer, her hip to mine.

"Now," I paused, looking at the sunset, which set the sky in rays of pale pinks, vibrate oranges, and deep purples.  "We start over."

"Together," her hand squeezed mine.  I looked down and gazed into her copper eyes.  She turned her gaze at the fading light and I wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on top of her head.