Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

This chapter is longer than normal, a little gift for not updating in a month hehe. Enjoy!

_________________

After we finish at the beach, we gather all of our belongings, hauling them into our cars and driving back to Sams Aunts to put all of our stuff away.

The sight of the house still takes me aback every time I look at it. It's two stories high, a white balcony protruding from the second story that almost covers the whole front length of the whole house. The windows are so shiny and clean you can see beyond them and into the house itself, and the mini garden in front is green and healthy, decorated with an assortment of roses, daffodils, and lilies.

"This is my dream house," Taylor comments with a sigh as Sam opens the door. We all step into a spacious room filled with a couple fancy couches, a coffee table, and a big smart TV on the wall that leads me to assume this is the living room. "It's so gorgeous. I feel like a princess whenever I walk in here."

As Taylor twirls her way further into the house, Sam strides over, catching her mid-twirl with his arm and pulling her into his body. "Of course you feel like a princess. You're already my princess," he claims with a side smirk at her.

From behind me, Axel audibly gags, sticking a finger in his mouth. "Okay Prince Charming, tone it down and get a room. I can practically feel the hormones coming off of you two. You're making the air unsanitary."

Prince Charming.

At the familiarity of the words, my body involuntarily tenses. Noah, whose been by my side the entire time, shifts his hand to grab mine. The smoothness of the movement makes it almost unnoticeable, even to me, and before I know it his thumb instantly draws smooth circles on the back of my hand. He doesn't make a big scene about it though, for he knows I like to keep much of my feelings private. I non-verbally thank him for the support by briefly leaning my head against his broad shoulder, and eventually I relax.

"Let them live their life," Carolynn lightly scolds

"It's fine," Taylor responds before Axel can get in any word of protest. She breaks away from Sam, wearing an expression that's somewhat of a mixture between playful and accusing as she gazes up at him. "I'm mad at him anyway."

"Why?" Carolynn questions, voicing the thoughts inside my head. Sam just rolls his eyes.

Crossing her arms and popping her hip out, she side eyes her boyfriend. "Because I know something's up, but he won't tell me what it is."

You can say that again girlfriend. Reminded of Noah's secrecy about the letters, I pull my hand away from his. Petty, I know, but he's frustrating me with the whole 'I'm not telling you for your sake' thing.

"Nothing's happening," Sam insists whilst adjusting his glasses. "You're being dramatic."

"Okay whatever. Let's not get into this in front of them," Taylor dismisses. Her tone attempts to be nonchalant, but I can tell she's nevertheless a bit peeved. "On a different note, where are we eating?"

"Well, if it's up to us girls since we won the volleyball competition, I think I already know what we're all thinking of. . . " I trail off with an evil smile.

"Dairy Queen!" We all exclaim, almost in perfect unison.

Noah chuckles. "We haven't even eaten an actual dinner and you already want ice cream?"

"What's the problem in that?" I playfully defend myself, finally angling my head upward to look at him. His damp dirty blond locks slightly hang over his head as he looks down at me, corners of his beautiful eyes crinkled back in an amused smile. I have to stop myself from kissing him right there, though my heart aches to touch him. . . but underneath that I feel a tug of something else. Confused, I attempt to dismiss the idea immediately.