Seven

Minutes later Diana was opening the passenger side door for Franki, who crawled out excitedly and began walking in the complete opposite direction of the store. Shaking her head, Diana ran after her and grabbed her hand.

"This way," Diana laughed. Franki held onto her hand tightly, skipping behind Diana with an excited smile on her face. Diana led them both into the store, ignoring the confused stares from the other customers when Franki continued to skip once they were inside.

Diana grabbed two of the bowls from the counter and handed one to Franki. "Do you know how to do this?"

Franki looked at her blankly and Diana sighed. "Here, I'll show you," she led Franki, who was still holding her hand, over to the wall of self-serve yogurt.

"These are the flavors," she nodded to the pictures at the top of the machines. Franki nodded and studied each one intently. Diana let go of her hand so she could hold her bowl underneath the machine that dispensed Cookies&Cream flavored yogurt.

"See, you just pull the lever and—," Diana paused when she turned around and saw Franki already filling up her cup with banana flavored frozen yogurt. She ran over and stopped the lever just before Franki's cup overflowed.

"That's enough for now," Diana laughed. Franki pouted.

"Again," she pointed to the machine, going to fill up her cup even more. Diana shook her head quickly and pulled Franki over to the Cookies&Cream machine.

"Here," she handed Franki her empty cup. "You can fill up mine with this one."

Franki nodded happily, taking Diana's bowl but walking over to a different machine. Before Diana could stop her, Franki was filling her cup with Raspberry flavored yogurt. Diana shook her head, sighing and accepting the cup back from a satisfied Franki.

"There's toppings over there," she pointed to the counter next to them. Diana grabbed Franki's hand before she could run over and followed her. "Don't use too many."

Diana nodded, bending down and studying all of her different options. Franki was adding strawberry slices into her cup when Franki tapped her on the shoulder and proudly held up her frozen yogurt, which was now covered neatly with banana slices.

"You really like bananas, don't you?" Diana asked, laughing softly.

"Yes, yellow," Franki nodded. She smiled proudly, and Diana led her over to the cashier. They set their cups down on the scale and Diana paid. She sent a warning glare to the man behind the counter when he began eyeing Franki, who was clapping her hands in excitement. He quickly gave her the change and she thanked him.

Diana handed Franki a spoon, walking over to one of the tables. Franki saw down, crossing her legs underneath her in the small chair. Diana laughed, sitting down across from her and taking a bite of her ice cream. She hadn't expected to like the Raspberry flavor, but it was actually pretty good.

Franki started eating her ice cream by picking the bananas off and popping them into her mouth one by one. Diana watched as Franki happily chewed on her food. She looked up from her bowl and smiled widely at Diana.

"Is it good?" Diana asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yellow ," Franki nodded, as if it were a completely reasonable answer. By now, Diana had realized that it was to Franki.

"Pink," Diana pointed to her cup. Franki nodded excitedly, smiling at Diana as if she'd just unlocked one of the deepest secrets of the world. Diana liked that feeling.

Franki finished half of her ice cream before she looked up at Diana nervously. Noticing this, Diana pointed to her cup. "Are you full?"

Franki nodded slowly. Diana just nodded and took both of their cups, throwing them away. She saw the smaller girl sigh in relief, wondering why it bothered her so much to tell her when she was full.