Twelve

Before Diana could respond, the bedroom door burst open, causing the older girl to immediately scramble away from Franki. Unfortunately, this caused her to fall backwards onto the floor, groaning in annoyance.

"Dinner's ready," Calli smirked from the door. Diana glared at her, only to earn a wink from the girl. At the mention of dinner, Franki clapped her hands excitedly. Without another word, the small girl hopped out of bed and shuffled down the hallway.

Calli walked over, extending a hand to Diana to help the older girl off the floor. Shooting her roommate an annoyed glare, Diana accepted the help and brushed off her pants once she got to her feet. Franki was already long gone.

Calli held out her hand for Diana to wait before they went downstairs.

"What did I interrupt?" Calli raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Diana snapped, shaking her head. "What are you even talking about?"

Calli sighed, crossing her arms and giving Diana a knowing look.

"What?" Diana huffed.

"Obviously something's going on between you two," Calli nodded in the direction Franki had gone. "It's pretty obvious."

Diana's face faltered for a moment but she quickly composed herself. "There's nothing going on," she said firmly, nodding once before walking past Calli and out of the room.

"If you say so," Calli sighed. She followed Diana down the stairs, but grabbed her hand before they reached a kitchen. "But if there was something going on, I'd make sure to tell you to be careful," she whispered.

Diana's stomach dropped, and she turned to face Calli. "Well good thing there isn't anything going on, then," she said simply before disappearing in the direction of the kitchen. Calli sighed at her friend's stubbornness.

"Kiwi, look!" Franki hopped in front of Diana and held up a yellow bowl of mac and cheese. Diana raised an eyebrow at Calli, who only shrugged.

"It was all we had," Jorge passed Diana her own bowl over the counter. The older girl sighed, grabbing a fork and following her roommates into the living room. Before Franki had shown up, the four roommates usually ate dinner at separate times in separate places. Now, they all ate together.

Diana hadn't realized how much she'd missed spending time with them.

As usual, Calli, Jorge, and Isabella all took up the couches, purposely leaving no room for Diana. Not that she minded, though. The brown eyed girl sat down on the floor a few feet away from Franki, who smiled widely at her with a mouthful of food.

"Someone's in a better mood," Jorge commented, nodding towards Franki. Calli and Isabella both nodded in agreement.

"It's cause Diana's home," Calli smirked. Diana glared at her, but it obviously didn't affect the younger girl. "It's pretty obvious how much Franki loves Diana."

"Yes," Franki nodded once, as if she were confirming what Calli had said. "I love Kiwi. I want to kiss Kiwi," she said casually, taking another bite of her food. Diana, however, nearly choked on her own food. She looked to her roommates, who looked just as shocked.

"What did you say, Franki?" Calli glanced at the other girl. Franki looked up and tilted her head to the side.

"What?" Sighing, Calli send Diana a look of confusion, which the older girl quickly returned. Diana's heart was pounding against her chest, and she swore everyone in the room was able to hear it. Had Franki really just said that? She couldn't have. Diana looked over at the younger girl, who was happily eating her dinner.