prologue !

( prologue ! )

New York City, New York.

Somewhere in the Queens Borough

Marty strolls down the street in Queens. He'd come there to visit an old friend but alas the meeting was over, and it was time to return home. He takes a drag off of his cigarette and flicked it into the puddle at his feet as he crossed the street in the night. It was around eleven, and he was in a quiet area of the city. Apartments loom over his head, and there was little activity. A cat moves around in the bushes or a little trash blowing through the steam that rose from the manhole covers that lead to the sewers.

His walk is purposeful, heading back home. It wasn't that far, and despite the stories that ran rampant, the streets weren't as dangerous as movies and television portrayed them as. Something caught his eye and he turns to see a man standing in the middle of the road in confusion, glancing around for a moment but seeing little that interested him. He ignored the man, and instead continued towards his destination, halting only when the man spoke to him in Japanese.

"Where am I?"

"You speak English?" asked Marty.

Quickly switching languages the strange man spoke once again, "Where am I human?"

Choosing to ignore the human bit, "New York," Marty replies with a small shrug.

"How far am I from Tokyo?" asked the strange man as he frowns at him.

Marty shifts his stance and turns to face the man. "You're on the other side of the world." Confusion pooled in his features.

"Perfect," the strange man smirked at him for a moment, "goodbye foolish human."

The strange man outstretched his hand towards Marty causing a light to form around him. Slowly as the energy left Marty and once the glow diminished only his mummified corpse remained.

 Slowly as the energy left Marty and once the glow diminished only his mummified corpse remained

(crecientes ©)