XLI

41

I hold my happiness close to my chest smiling. Jonah's tiny face twitching as he sleeps.

Were safe.
In the comfort of Ace' childhood home surrounded by love.

Ace watches us cautiously. I smile trying to comfort him; letting him know everything is okay now.

I caress Jonah' cheek oh so softly so he doesn't stir.

Victor walks in giving me a warm smile sitting next to Ace. Devin follows after joining them.

The icy blue eyes that none of her sons inherited enters, sitting next to me.

"He's so precious." She whispers staring at her grandson in awe.

She comments on the men in the room. "Relax you won't break him if you get close."

Victor and Devin stand.

Ace doesn't, he just stares at me.

I ignore him soaking in this moment.

Victor and Devin both look at the newborn with content. I feel a sense of proudness.

"Maybe you should get some rest." Ace barks at me.

Giving him my attention he continues. "You haven't slept well these past few days; since he's been born."

I can't sleep. Nightmares of Jonah being taken away haunt me.

Unconsciously I pull Jonah closer to my chest. "I'm fine."

I've never been happier.

She strokes my hair softly, "Honey you haven't been sleeping?"

"I'm fine." I repeat giving Ace the side eye.

Victor looks at me concerned, "Oh yeah. You should get some rest."

My body hot as I become aggravated.

I find myself glaring at Ace. He doesn't let up, "She's been having nightmares. I honestly believe it's just her being paranoid."

I scoff looking down at Jonah relaxing a little again.

"Paranoid about what?" Devin asks.

Ace irritated, "That they'll take Jonah."

I snap my head up in his direction. "What makes you think the council won't?" Barking at him.

"I would never let the council take him." He bites back.

I get furious.

"You think you're this indestructible thing! The last time something like this happened I was right!" I snap.

The tiny human in my arms starts to cry. I lift him to rub his back.

I feel it coming.

My whole body goes limp making jonah drop into my lap.

The bright lights of the grand chandelier only makes my head ache more and feel heavier.

Remembering where I am, I recover. I sit up looking around bewildered. Bodies scattered across the floor. The overwhelming stench of blood makes me feel sick.

I remember my vision and hope it was just that as I turn slowly. My heartbeat the only thing keeping me from being alone.

Seeing his empty body.

His yes.

His as in Ace.

I crawl to him... hopeless.

I cup his face whispering to myself anything that'll keep me sane. Pulling him closer desperate for his warmth. I look up at the huge chandelier taking a deep breath shutting my eyes.

I scream making my head feel it'll explode and I'll wake up from this bad dream.

Only I don't explode but the chandelier does. The glass rains down on me but I can't feel anything.
I'm nothing.
Numb...

I pull him closer to me, weeping. Not caring about the blood all over him or me.

Crumbling into his corpse; dying inside with every breath.

I pull my head from his body. A circle of men surround me.

Millions of guns point at me. They're all dressed in suits and ties.

I ignore them, looking further across the floor. Alex, Nico, and Christian lay there.

Lifeless...

Bringing my attention back to Ace lifting my hand to stroke his hair.

I freeze interrupted by an outburst.

"Christian!" Violet pushes by the wall of men with guns.

Her long black gown follows her as she runs into the middle of the circle.

Guns go off. I stop the bullets with my mind.

She drops down to her knees devastated next to Christian.

No tears leave her eyes. She's just silent, like me. She sits and stares at him.

Touching where he was wounded, hugging his body.

Slowly, I drift over to her. Millions of guns go off. I lift my hand freezing time immediately.
Except for us in the middle.

Dropping next to her I grab her shoulder. Making her turn around. Her eyes red.

She's crying now. I pull her into me, bracing her tightly.

She weeps, "Isabella... I'm pregnant."

Have y'all been having a hot girl summer

Cause ik I've been having a broke girl summer.