When You Think About Him

(NOTE : This is taken place during your Junior High days before you and Midoriya go to U.A for High School)

Years have passed and Midoriya and I built an amazing and pure bond which started when we met in the playground on the day I moved from Shibuya.

Since that day, Midoriya and I got to know each other pretty quickly and coincidentally, we go to the same school together up to now since we live in the same city.

His mother, Inko Midoriya, so happen to be an acquaintance of my mom that my dad told me about.

It was very coincidental indeed and both of our parents got along in the end.

Too bad I didn't see his father though but according to Midoriya's mom, he's working abroad or overseas.

Anyways, going back to the present -

"(Y/N)!!"

I turned around and saw Midoriya waving at me with a tired smile as he ran towards me.

"Oh, Izuku!", I greeted and smiled back.

(A/N : Since you guys are childhood friends / friends for quite a long time, you call by each other's first names)

He stopped right in front of me and panted.

"O-Oh my gosh, I'm not late, am I?", he asked me.

I shook my head and replied with reassurance, "Nope, I actually just arrived too. The school bell hasn't ring yet".

He sighed deeply and laughed with relief.

"What a relief", he said and smiled, "Good thing I'm used to running. Come on, let's go!".

Our conversation went on as we went inside (name of the middle school where midoriya and kaachan attended).

...

"Oh, look it's quirkless boy!"

Midoriya ignored one of our male classmatss who always mocked him for not having a quirk.

I really felt sad for him when he told me that he doesn't have a quirk back in our elementary days.

What's more sad is that he really wanted to be a hero just like All-Might.

"Hey, leave him alone!", I said and glared at the boys.

(A/N : I can imagine myself doing the same thing while I was typing this)

The boys flinched at my annoyed expression but listened and we continued having their own world.

I sighed and both Midoriya sat down at the same time since we are seat mates - which was a mere coincidence.

"T-Thanks, (Y/N)", he said shyly and showed me a small smile.

"Don't mention it. Just ignore what those guys say", I said and stretched.

He nodded and his adorable smile was still there which is making me smile too.

'He may be quirkless but he's a very kind, passionate and dedicated guy, I know', I thought and brought out my notebook, 'and I also find his shy side really cute'.

"Oh yeah, I updated my hero notebook!", he said with pure happiness.

"Really?!", I asked and got a little excited too, "Let me look!".

He nodded with a grin and opened the notebook before flipping through the recent notes.

"Here!", he pointed before started to explain what he have written.

'It's not just his shy side that I find it cute but also his excitement when it comes to hero stuff and the way his eyes just shine in an instant', I thought as I listened to his explanation but it slowly faded when my thoughts are starting to distract me, 'I'm really glad I met him. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to have a great childhood and an amazing friend that really cares about me'.

He continued to explain right in front of me with a huge smile and he even made gestures of how these heroes attacked which is really adorable.

'Funny, I know I've been thinking back when we were kids that he was so cute and all but...', my thoughts are running through again, 'Everytime I think of him as a cute and kind guy until now, my heart can't stop throbbing especially when I'm with him by my side. Is this what I think it is-'

"(Y-Y/N)?! (Y/N)? Are you alright?"

My eyes widened after I snapped back in reality and shook my head.

"Y-Yes! Sorry, Izuku", I said and laughed.

"Thank goodness, you almost scared me", he said and laughed as well, "Are you really sure?".

I nodded and replied, "Yeah, just thinking about something that's all".