II | XXV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

This book has 60+ parts, just wow. Also, long chapter!

| Chapter Twenty Five |

The shower cut off as Iris stepped out, securing the towel around her body

The shower cut off as Iris stepped out, securing the towel around her body. She walked towards her vanity for her hair brush, raking through the damp waves, deep in thought. Edward followed after her, watering still sliding off his bare chest as he eyed his silent wife. 

She seemed great a moment ago, but he guessed the situation around them was slowly coming to forefront of her mind again. Reality was setting in as the steam faded within the room. Edward cornered her by putting both hands on either side of the counter. His chest pressed against her back as he kissed her bare shoulder, delicately.

"Penny for your thoughts," He whispered, afraid that his loud voice would somehow ruin the moment. If she wasn't shielding her mind from him, he wouldn't have to ask. However, he wouldn't pry if she showed any signs of discomfort. Whatever she seemed to be hiding, meant something to her so he'd respect her privacy.

Iris faltered mid-stroke and met his molten eyes through the mirror. An unconscious smile quirked at her lips. "That's something I never thought I'd hear you say."

His eyes crinkled in amusement, a breathless chuckle slipping from his lips. He wrapped his arms around her middle, securing himself to her like an anchor. "Well maybe I wouldn't have to if you let me in that brilliant mind of yours." Edward was worried he said the wrong thing as her lips fell slightly, yet he was reassured when she set her brush down and turned in his embrace.

Her speckled orbs studied his stunning features. The defined curves of his muscle. The tiny droplets slipping off the statuesque skin. She still found herself wondering how he would look if he had chest hair. Shaking her head of those thoughts, she traced her finger over his pectorals. Iris felt utter satisfaction when he shivered in pleasure at her touch.