CHAPTER 4

Virgil had made sure the two new men were warned of the seriousness of corruption, along with Logan and Thomas.

Logan raised an eyebrow. "I understand you were guarding the door and could hear most things, but what I'm confused is how you know so much about the corruption itself."

Virgil looked down, hesitant to respond. Eventually, the darkly dressed man responded. "Deceit makes sure he corrupts every one of us before we become a part of his army. He took a... liking, you could say, to me and decided to corrupt me more than once. For a long time each." Once he was done speaking, the room fell into a silence.

Alex pulled him into a side hug to comfort him. The two had grown closer than brothers in the three bells they've known each other. Virgil leaned into him, grateful for the act of affection.

Patton frowned. "Well, kiddo, do you know if he gets access to the memories of the corrupted individual?" he asked, getting a no in response to his dismay.

-In the Cove of Lies.-

Roman collapsed to the ground, almost screaming in pain as Deceit slowly twisted his hand in the air. A weird black goo spilled out of his eyes and mouth, his group of men only able to watch, horrified.

The Duke giggled, holding onto Deceit's other arm in delight. Deceit smiled evilly as the goo resided and Roman's eyes swirled with yellow. Roman stood up, smirking the same evil smirk as Deceit. He turned to the men who came with them, grinning. "Leave. Go ahead, tell them what's happened. It won't do them any good."

The ten that was left scrambled out, running through the woods.

Deceit smile. "Run while you can. It's very effective," he drawled on, his voice smooth. "Get our guest a nice room. And his new outfit. Get Tanume to bring his silly sash to Sander's Isles. I'm not a monster," he spoke, the last being a half-truth. He wasn't a monster like that!

He was much, much worse.

So, Tanume is an OC@JinxyOctavia , who let me use her! Her real name is Tatiana Tanume, but last names are said instead of first names-

well, see you beans later! bye, you bidgets.