Flirting

Isla

I threw my bookbag in the car and immediately dropped my body on the seat. "Water" my cracked voice barely whispered as I reached out to Noah desperately. He threw a water bottle at me before dropping his body into the seat. I wasted no time to chug it down, not caring who saw.

His arms reached weakly to turn on the AC. We let a sigh as the cooling air blasted our aching body. I closed my eyes, thankful to be finally away from PE.

"You guys look and smell like death." A familiar cocky voice announced."Your personality makes me want to be closer to death." I responded throwing the empty bottle in his direction.

I heard the bottle hit the car seat. Damn it I missed. "Why so cranky babe?" He asked. If only it was possible to roll my eyes while they were closed.

Noah perked his head up."Don't call her tha-"
"Your ruining my peace that's a good enough reason to be pissed off." I ignored the babe part.

"I like it when your pissed off." He slurred. I was not in the mood for his games PERIODT. "Noah please drop me off before I hurt him." He swiftly started to drive.

"Aw what did I do wrong." He asked softly. I opened my eyes to see  Caleb pouting. "Leave me alone" I whined.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes. My eyes closed as my body relaxed again. That until I felt a finger poke my nose. I opened my eyes once again to see Caleb and his boyish smile. I faked smiled back before moving my head. His finger 'somehow' landed in between my teeth. I bit. Hard.

Caleb shrieked and retracted his hand like if I was a shark. My eyes widened innocently,"oopsies". I looked at Noah in the rear view window to see him grinning.

"I know that wasn't a accident but I still forgive you babe." Caleb said through clenched teeth."Anyways I think I deserve a trip to the hospital"

I sat up ignoring the pain in my legs and grabbed Caleb finger. There was a obvious bite mark and a little bit of blood. "Aw it's not that bad babe" I mocked.

"Your finally showing the affection you have been hiding from me, Is it enough for you to assemble my finger back together?" He weakly gripped the injured finger and looked at me with a hopeful look.

Time to play along. I gave him a pity filled smile. "Anything for you sweetie." Caleb eyes lit up and a smile spread across his lips. "Thanks babe."

"Um you guys, sorry to break your couple moment but we are here." Noah said coldly in his seat. Uh weird, maybe he is just tired. I struggled to get up when a strong arm lifted me up from my seat. A musky scent of outside(y'all better know what I mean) and woody colone filled my nostril, it was surprisingly comforting. I looked up to see Caleb freckled face and bright green eyes on me.

My breath shorten and I was  more aware of the close distance between us. "Uh, y..you can let go now."

"Nu uh" he shook his head, bouncing the slight curls in his hair. "You were going to help me with my wound remember?"

"Ugh fine" I tried to remove myself from his grip but he still kept a hold of me. My face pressed more into his firm chest.

Noah slammed the car door alerting us. "Hurry up and close the doors" he waved the car lock button at us. Caleb closed the door and still tightly held me against him as we entered the house.  He gentley placed me on the couch before setting himself in a chair in front of me.

"Let me get a look at your finger."  Caleb picked his finger up, I held it closer to my face to get a better look. His finger was now bloodier and the bite looked worse. "Uh Noah." I called out.