Chapter III

I halt in my positions rigid. That voice! I heard my name being called by the voice that can make me go weak in my knees.

I turned to look at the owner of that voice, and standing there was she... Yaretzi Cain.

Recollections start flooding in my head upon seeing her. Memories of when I was the happiest person on earth, of when I believed in 'the one', of when one glance at her would make my heart race, or when I couldn't think I would ever be unhappy, of when I was in LOVE.

Of when I was in love with Yaretzi.

Yaretzi had a huge grin in a shocked expression upon seeing me, and well I guess I just have a shocked face but with no smile. With 2 leaps of a run, she was in my arms, hugging me tight, something that I have been wishing to do for 7 years.

Kiara's nudge broke me from my trance, only to hold Yaretzi lightly on her back, symbolizing a hug back.

"Oh Xander I have missed you so much," She said without breaking the hug

"Why didn't you reach out then?" Hurt leaching on my voice.

That's when she broke the hug and looked at me with a straight face "Many things happened after I left. You can't use that tone on me without knowing what happened! I am not the same person as I was before" And it was clear that she was not indeed. Her once blonde hair is now red. The natural's wavy locks are now straightened. The one who would resist doing any sort makeup is now wearing heavy makeup.

She looks wild with her red lipstick and dark eye makeup. The one who would once shy away from any sort of revealing clothes and would be scared to wear heels is now wearing a black crop top, black ripped jeans and black pep boots.

She looks aged from the last time I saw her

She looks aged from the last time I saw her. Everything about her appearance changed except her eyes. Her eyes still hold the green innocence that can make anyone give up at the first glace. Her eyes would crinkle when she smiled which would light up the entire room. She held an innocence aura that would make everyone fall in heads for her, but alas she was too naive to notice.

Even though her eyes speak innocence, they don't hold the spark it had before. It is replaced with black eye shadow, kohl, heavy eye bag, and dark circles. For a second I just wanted to embrace her and say how much I love her, but I refrained myself from doing it, continuously chanting 'Get a grip Xavier' to myself. Love? Shouldn't it be loved? I didn't think whether I was still in love with her for a while. 'Where are these thoughts coming from mind?' I asked myself

"Are you there Xander?" she asked clicking her fingers in front of my eyes. At that moment I realized I have been gawking at her shamelessly for lord knows how long.

And Kiara took that moment to cough, trying to break the awkward silence in the hallway.

What felt like a decade, I finally opened my mouth to speak, terrified that my voice might betray me and break, "I am sorry, I didn't want to say anything to upset you further. I just didn't expect to see you. Anyway, I'll take leave. Evan is waiting for me. Will catch up with you later." I said with a small smile.

"Oh" then she looked at Kiara and a realization hit her. "Mrs. Alders I was coming to you to discuss the syllabus. Do you have some time now?"

"Sure Miss Cain." Taking that my cue to leave them, I nodded at my sister's directions and then at Yaretzi's and started walking away from them...from her, towards the main gate. Heading to my car, I drove away.

Hear Hear look who's our Female protagonist , one and only Emma Stone.

She is one of my favourite (haha her movie's name is favourite as well) actress, and the perfect fitting for our little Yaritzi Cain.