Chapter Five

Niall was sweet enough to drive us up to the street where the Cheesecake Factory was at. He said a few words to the driver as he stopped the car. Before we could open our doors, Niall jumped out of his side, coming to our door and opening. He gave me a sweet smile, holding a hand out. I unbuckled my belt, giving him a hand as I stepped out. He helped the other two girls, Emily giving him a thanks, and Lilly coming out looking like she was Cinderella and Niall was her Prince Charming. I rolled my eyes at her as she stepped out of the car, giving Niall her doe eyes as she walked to us

"Thank you again." Emily said, giving Niall a smile. Niall nodded at her, putting his hands in his pockets. "If it weren't for you, I don't know how we would've gotten this one in that room." Emily joked, nudging Lilly in her side. She was red, clearly embarrassed that Niall had to carry her to a room. 

"Anything for you three." He was turning up the charm, and it worked on Lilly, me and surprisingly Emily.

"Thank you again." Lilly said, going up to Niall and wrapping her arms around his neck. It took all of us surprised, Niall wrapping an arm around her as well. 

"Of course, Lilly." Lilly pulled away giving him another smile before turning around, giving us a wink, and walking towards The Cheesecake Factory. Emily gave him a nod, and a thank you again before following Lilly. I watched them met up with each other, looking at the menu that was on the wall of the building. I turned back to Niall, giving him a sheepish smile. "I hope you have fun in there, they both seem like a handful." I laughed loudly.

"I just met them this year, and let me tell you, they are." I joked with him as well. I honestly didn't know what else to say, I mean this was freaking Niall Horan, what do I say to him? I've dreamt about meeting you ever since I was 11, and you simply ravishing me in the middle of where ever we met. I'm sure if I said that to him he would think I was crazy. "Thank you." I managed out. "For helping, we all appreciate it." I repeated. His smile gave me butterflies, the feeling rushing to every inch of my body. 

"Don't worry about it." I honestly didn't know what to say. Should I ask for a photo? A signature? A hug like Lilly? They all seemed... inappropriate. 

"I should get going, they really want their cheesecake." I lamely said, awkwardly slapping my thighs. Niall did the same, slapping a thigh and then putting his hands back into his pockets. I took a step back, giving him a wave and heading towards the girls.

"Hold up, Ruth." I stopped, hearing footsteps coming up behind me. I turned to face him, his smile making me light headed. "Can I get your number?" He asked. I was shocked, and I heard a gasp from behind me. Pretty sure it was Lilly. 

Niall Horan, asking me, for my number. I didn't know what to say, I didn't even know how to react to it. Do I give it to him or do I just decline him. Why did he even want it in the first place? I don't know how his life is, would I even fit into it? What about all the girls that are his fans, they'd probably give me hate for even knowing him.

All these concerns and thoughts ran through my head, making my chest close up on me. Or at least that's what it felt like. 

"No." I said, the answer surprising both of us. I could see Niall was confused as to why I said no, and I could hear Lilly gasp again. 

"Oh, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Niall repeated again, his sweet smile falling. 

"No, it's fine it's just..." I started, those questions and concerns still running laps in my head. 

"How about this," Niall smirked, taking a step towards me, again a shiver running up my back.

 "The next time I see you, then it's fate bringing us together, and I get your number." I was taken aback at his proposition. It felt familiar like I've seen it or heard it from somewhere before.