Chapter Two

I was shocked at the words I read. I couldn't believe it. I sat up real quick, typing away at Google, trying to read if this was just one big joke, or if it was actually happening. All the articles that I read said that it was. That someone who was close to the band released it on accident. 

I shook my head, grabbing my phone and heading to twitter. The second my home screen came up, it was flooded with tweets about One Direction. Everyone was in the same boat, if they were actually getting back together or not. They had the screen shots of the friend who accidently released the news. It all seemed real. I went to their twitters, checking to see if any of them has said anything about it, I even checked Zayn's twitter. Nothing. All their tweets are from two days ago. I was amazed at what was going on. Everyone was freaking out about it. I didn't even know what to do. 

I went to their official twitter, seeing if anything, they would post about it. I gasp when I saw they twitted something after a year.

1/15/2020

"OH MY GOD" I screamed, grabbing onto my laptop and bouncing on my bed. 

"What's going on?" 

I stopped bouncing. I looked over at the door to see my roommate standing there, staring at me with a confused look. I must've looked crazy. Bouncing on my bed, blasting One Direction, and my hair flying out of my bun.

"Uh, Emily. Hey" I laughed, setting my laptop down again, sliding out of bed. She moved over to her stuff, glancing at me.

"What happened?" She asked, opening her boxes and beginning to unpack. 

Emily is a pretty girl, the nerdy type pretty. She was taller than me, I think around 5'10", with shoulder length curly brown hair. I was jealous of the curls. She had a cute smile, a smile that could help anyone get out of a depress state. Glasses covered her chocolate eyes, her slender face making her look like a drawn character. She's pretty, I was jealous at how pretty she was. 

"One Direction is getting back together." I said, nonchalant as I pulled my chair out and sat in it.

"You liked One Direction?" She giggled, giving me a look. She was the type of girl that listen to the rock type of music. AC/DC, Metallic, Guns n' Roses, all those head banging kind of bands. "I didn't think you were the type to be into that kind of music."

"Not anymore." I shrugged, picking at my leggings I was wearing, watching Emily move around her half of the room, putting things away and shoving things in her drawers. "I used to be when they first came out, I was like... 11 when they came out. They were a dreamy boy band. How could I not like them?" I joked. I remember when they came out, their first song reminded me of Grease. I was disappointed when I heard it on the radio and it wasn't Summer Nights, but soon after, I was hooked on their catchy boy band music.

"Cause they were a boy band. Totally cliché." She laughed. She even had a pretty laugh too. 

"Well... yeah." I laughed, shaking my head. "That's the point. That's literally the reason for all those boy bands. And they knew how to work it. Don't judge me for loving something when I was 11." Emily laughed with me. Instantly, I knew me and her were going to get along. 

"I'm not judging, I'm just laughing that you're freaking out like you're 11 again." I watched as Emily hung things up on her wall, climbing on her bed and sticking them to the hard wall. 

"Well duh, they went on hiatus for like 10 years, and they've said that they were gonna get back together and it never happened. So now they said they're getting back together is amazing!" Excitement was laced through my voice, and Emily picked up on it. "Don't make fun of me. This is something I've been waiting for, for years." I heard my phone vibrating on the desk, I grabbed it, seeing I got a snapchat from a friend back home.