Chapter 5: The List

Once again, Robert found himself on the wrong side of Jimmy's bitch face. He'd really though the whole 'study date' thing had brought them closer (especially the part where they enthusiastically swapped spit), but Jimmy had remained worryingly quiet through all of dinner and wasted no time fleeing once through (even after his mum offered to embarrass him further for Jimmy's entertainment).

That wasn't the worst of it.

Jimmy was ignoring him again and Robert was seriously freaking out about it. Was he a bad kisser, because it didn't feel like a bad kiss. Not that he'd know or anything since he had all the experience of a toaster.

"John."

"Uhh..." Bonzo stuffed a list he was carrying in his pocket, looking so guilty Robert faltered for a while. "Hey Plant."

The blond narrowed his eyes. "What's that?"

Bonzo propped his shoulder awkwardly against his locker, aiming for casual and missing it by a mile. "What's what?"

"That piece of paper you had." No amount of awkward throat clearing was going to derail his line of questioning.

"A list."

"A list of what?"

"Things..."

Robert snorted, "Ok whatever. Is Jimmy avoiding me?" What he meant was 'why is your asshole friend giving me such a wide berth all of a sudden?'

"Is he?" Bonzo asked, sounded sincere for the first time this conversation started. "I don't know, I've been avoiding him."

"Why?" Was avoidance just an American thing?

"Things..." Because he was planning a super epic party and Jimmy would know by taking just one look at him with those freaky laser eyes of his. "Unrelated to the list of course."

The blond stifled a laugh, "Right, okay. You have a good day now."

"I will." And he would, especially if the pool at Jimmy's was still in working order. He would only have to figure out how to casually slip that question into a conversation—or ask Jonesy to do it (no one ever suspected someone as innocent looking as that).

The brunette walked off muttering to himself, so Robert decided to grab the bull by its horns.

The bell rang, signaling the start of the first session.

Maybe after Math.

----

"Are you avoiding me?" Robert asked Jimmy, inviting himself to their table at lunch. As expected, the brunette just stared holes into his chocolate cake (seriously, he needed to lay off the sweets). "Pagey..." Well that got a reaction.

"Don't fucking call me that." Jimmy snapped, jamming his fork into the cake with way more force than needed.

Jonesy didn't take kindly to that, scowling over at Jimmy. "James Page, I raised you better than this. Don't be fucking rude."

"Where's Bonzo?" No, Jimmy was not acknowledging either one of those sentences at the moment. Yes, this was a completely logical way to deal with problems.

"Not here." Jonesy's lips twitched. "Hey, you didn't drain the pool did you? You threatened to the last time you fell in."

"No." Now that was a suspicious question if he'd ever heard one. "Why?"

Jonesy shrugged and continued pushing his food around. "Nothing."

Robert tried a different approach, if Page wouldn't talk to him, he'd just talk about him right in front of his face. "Why would he drain the pool?" The excitement in his voice wasn't faked, having a pool at home would be great, he'd never leave the water.