The Awakening

Endless night in all directions, encasing me in a cacoon of darkness. Birds shriek in my ears as I huddle up in the forest. Where am I? What am I doing here? Why am I here? These lines continually run through my head. I let out a bellow "SOME BODY HELP ME, SOMEBODY HELP!" I yell until my throat grows sore.

*CRACK*

A branch cracked just beyond my site, I shiver at what could possibly be staring back at me through the thick curtain of darkness. I hear a soothing noise come from the abyss of dusk that laid in front of me. just a simple ~Meow~. My cat, companion and best friend Celia started toward me was swishing her tail and watching me lovingly. Finally reaching me she purrs and rubs her head against the skin of my leg.

We sit their in the dark, Celia resting up against me as I slowly caress her fur. After what feels like forever a slight ray of light leaks through the trees and rocks that surround me. I stand up, stretching and starving I whistle for Celia to follow and we venture into the woods to try find ourselves some food.

#3 hours later#

Nothing.

I found nothing to eat, no berries, nuts, or even animals to hunt. Wandering for another 20 or so minutes I'm guessing I smell smoke and relief surges through me. Sprinting with Celia close behind I reach a cabin. Starving, clenching my gut, I pick up Celia and walk up the stairs and the porch finally approaching the door. Mustering all the strength I have left in me I knock on the door. Waiting and waiting, being patiently with a grumble in my ear, and I get no answer. I twist the knob on the door, expecting to see someone inside, but it was empty. No sign of anyone. No sign of any living thing. As if nothing had been here within the past 6 weeks. But there is a table, stacked to the edge with hot, delicious, mouth watering food. There was even fish, so before digging in myself I got a dish out of the ceramics cupboard and dish up some food for Celia to enjoy. As she eats I rub her fur and hear he purr in appreciation.

I sigh full of delectable food and stand up. I investigate the rest of the house and discover a nice bedroom. Walking back to Celia, I pull her away from her dish and bring her to the nice fluffy bed. After a while of cuddling with Celia and talking to myself I start to doze of, and finally falling asleep, I realise that this is a very suspicious situation, but I ignore the feeling and fear as I fall asleep, with a belly full of food and my cat snuggled up beside me.