My childhood - chapter 1

I'm Jordan and this is my story.

I'm the one with brown hair and that is my aunt, Rose. I'm a triplet and look nothing like my other siblings. I'm the odd one out of the three but I like it that way. No one mixes us up that way. My other triplets are Jace and Jamie. I have the same eyes as Jace but I look more like Jamie because we're both girls. It's our genes.

When I'm writing this I am 16, but I'm going back to when I was 1. I love listening to stories about my childhood before my mother died, that's how I know all of this.

When I was born, my mum was 15 and she wanted the three of us to have similar names, that's why Jamie and I have unisex names. I was the odd one out, mum knew something different would happen to me, and she was right but I only found this out when I turned 16. It was weird, but I like this quality. You'll find it out very soon but first, my toddlerhood.

I was happy most of the time and loved just living with my mum and siblings. I'm the second born and I like that I'm technically the oldest because I'm a triplet. Most of my family dies easily which makes me different, but there's more to me. One Christmas, I think I was 10, my dad came home to live with us and take us on holiday. It wasn't very good though. Mum changed a lot and cried a lot.

Over that holiday, mum got really sick in the mornings, she said she hadn't felt this since my little sister Nevaeh who was also ill. That's why we thought it was just a bug...

Until she took a pregnancy test.
We were going to have a new little sister or brother and I couldn't wait. I saw it as an opportunity to grow out family, but dad didn't. He abandoned us and ran away, but we knew it wouldn't be the last we would see of him...