The Yule Ball

25th of December 1994

Today, the day you were anxiously waiting for, for what felt like forever, finally arrived. The day of the Yule Ball. Your crush, George Weasley, asked you out after McGonagalls little dance class. You were soooo excited! You actually squealed more for an answer, so George had to ask it again to confirm you actually wanted to go with him. You collected yourself and happily agreed to go to the Yule Ball with George. 

After dinner in the Great Hall, you and Angelina, who was your best friend and who was invited by Fred, went to your dorm to get changed. 

This was the dress you picked out to wear

This was the dress you picked out to wear. Of course it was red, you felt like you had to represent George's house, which you loved dearly. 

Angelina had a stunning purple velvet dress. You both smothered each other with compliments and did each other's hair and make-up.  When the two of you were done, you took some pictures and went out into the Gryffindor common room where you both had agreed to meet the twins.

You descended the circular stairs and suddenly you stopped. There he was. George, your crush of six freaking years. Standing there waiting for you, he looked so good in a tux. You were mesmerized and frankly just kept staring at him.

"Take a picture, it'll take longer!" George joked. Angelina en Fred laughed. You snapped out of your bubble and went down the last few steps, walked towards him as he extended his arm, which you gladly took. You started to walk towards the Great Hall, where the Ball was supposed to happen. 

"You look absolutely beautiful, y/n." George whispered in your ear. It made you blush so badly, your face and your dress probably had the same colour by now. "You don't look too bad yourself, Weasley." You responded. He gave you that smirk that made your knees go weak. 

You and George had a lovely night, you danced, laughed, drank a lot of butterbeer and just had a really good time. You didn't even notice that most of the students were already gone, until the last song of the evening was announced. 

Magic Works started to play and George extended his hand and asked: "May I have this final dance, miss y/l/n?"  "But ofcourse!" You responded, taking his hand and smiling. He escorted you to the dancefloor and you started to slowdance. The song was almost ending when he looked at you, down at your lips and before you knew it, you felt his lips on yours. Fireworks were going off in your head. When you both pulled back he grinned at you and said: "Let's do that more often, shall we?" You were still in shock and therefore speechless, so you just nodded your head vigorously.