Afterword

Hello everyone. How are you doing?

"F" is an isekai-type maiden's war chronicles that was serializing online that I was given the opportunity to revise and publish as a novel series.

I am very happy to have been able to publish two volumes of it like this.

The contents become somewhat spoilerific from here on out. Please take caution of you are the type to start with the afterword when reading a book.

The first volume was about encountering a hero and this volume, the second, is the protagonist's first battle.

The protagonist, Hibiki, is a normal girl. It's not like she's good at anything in particular.

I remember thinking, 'what would happen if a girl like that was put in a realistic and extreme situation where she would have to wield a sword and fight?' when I wrote the story.

The protagonist doesn't know any martial arts, so there's no way that she'll be unrivaled from the start, right? But the situation was now or never.

There were several intense scenes, but that shouldn't have been all there was! ......Or so I think, so it'd be nice if you were surprised and excited along with the characters.

The setting is a fictitious world that's a jumble of Eastern and Western elements.

Still, there were too few characters appearing in these two volumes......well, there were actually a lot of characters in a different sense, but it is currently the journey of two people & one beast.

When I think about isekai, I automatically think about "the everyday happenings of a modern person who is probably undoubtedly perplexed after arriving at an unknown place."

Many mysteries are born from just one bath. Do they have soap, what is it made of, do they use body towels and brushes? ......Stuff like that.

I'm sure that they would worry about what every unfamiliar everyday item is and how to use them.

Incidentally, solid soap does exist in "F", but it is treated as a high-class item.

The inside story is that there is an abundant variety of perfumes. They play a huge role in food, bathing, laundry, etc. Normal civilians use them too, but, unlike the ones that nobles have, there are a lot that are mixed with something else.

Hibiki: "What's this liquid inside this container? ......I guess I'll try drinking it?"

Louie: "Wait, those are essential oils. You mustn't drink it like that!"

Such conversations happen during their travels. Hibiki would wear her robes inside-out, and Louie would gently fix them for her, and such. Hibiki would try to eat the skin of a fruit meant to clean one's teeth with, and Louie would stop her in a panic, and such.

Hibiki gets depressed every time she gets something wrong, but Louie is secretly enjoying it on the inside because "it's a refreshing exchange......"

I digress, but every time a new "otherworld item" makes its appearance, I think this and that about it......and establish a back story.

My thanks and apologies.

I am always much obliged to the person in charge of me. I am grateful for the various advice I received in regards to my revisions. It was very reassuring to receive your support! Please take care of me in the future as well. And, the rough sketch you drew of Louie was spot on.

Susunosuke-sama. Thank you very much for the wonderful illustrations you drew this time around despite your busy schedule. Even the smallest details are thorough and beautiful! They really are. I am entranced by each of your very attractive illustrations. Hibiki is incredibly cute and made my heart skip a beat.

To everyone in the Kadokawa Beans Bunko editorial department, all the salespeople, the bookstore staff who lined up my book on their shelves, and my proofreader. I was able to write this because of the help you gave me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I give my thanks to my family, who always helps me out, as well.

And to the readers who have the actual book in your hands. Nothing would make me happier if you enjoyed it even a little.

I pray that we will be able to meet again.

Tamaki Itomori