16. Rebellious wife

Kaden opened my car door and cradled my hand in his as I gracefully slipped out. "Well, thank you Mr. Walker." I smiled coyly.

"Don't push your luck, Mrs. Walker. Keep your eyes open and try not to get killed," he affirmed. We started walking towards the club, an unease accompanying our arrival.

Doing something that wasn't in the hands of my father made me excited and anxious all in the same.

"Don't talk to me like I'm an amateur, if anything I could teach you a few things," I smugly replied and ripped my hand out of his.

"Debatable." He reached for my hand again, to which I denied. "Stop, we need to maintain our cover."

"There's not even-" as we approached the door I caught sight of a buff guard by the door, I looped my arm into Kaden's and laid my other hand on his bicep. His fresh scent immediately taking over my nose, like inhaling the smell of clothes straight out of the dryer. I let out a fake giggle. "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll love you," I displayed. The guard looked up upon our advent. "Oh, hello. We're here for business, Oliver walker and Rosalyn walker," I addressed curtly.

"ID," His unusually deep voice threw out unexpectedly.

Of course, at the most inappropriate time my brain would be imagining a repeat of an Allstate commercial.

I smiled at Kaden and raised a brow. "Oh, right." He chuckled and started patting his tux. "Where'd I put those things." He successfully had his entire persona and attitude changed from arrogant and demanding to bubbly and charming.

Impressive.

Kaden dug into a pocket and retrieved both of our fake IDs. "There they are." He handed them to the man with an amiable smile. It was almost alarming to see him smile, though I knew it wasn't real everyone else would never be able to tell. It wasn't even his normal face, but imagining it on his natural one... It was weird.

After getting past the door, the music gradually got louder as we walked down the dim walkway that assumedly led to the club area. "Nice acting, didn't think you had it in you." I patted Kaden's arm. "I think I like Mr. Walker better; more tolerable."

"You're less bitchy when in character." He brushed me off and walked ahead, leaving me to gape at him.

"I am not bitchy." I scurried after him. "If anything, you're more bitchy than I am. The only time you ever open your mouth is to complain or boss someone around."

"You're being bitchy right now," he noted aloud. We entered the club fully, loud music attacking my ear drums.

I felt the itching sensation at the tips of my fingers to choke him. "You know, I don't think I'll ever not want to kill you." I sped up and matched my step with his.

"Ditto."

We made our way near the wall so that we had a straight shot back, rather than pushing through the sweaty dancing drunks. A table area separated us from the crowd.

"Are you sure you're prepared?" Him asking made my mind go to every hidden weapon I had placed on me.

"Of course I am, are you?"

He gave one nod, keeping his gaze ahead of him. "Just making sure you won't get us killed." His hand snakes around my waist.

He was really pushing my buttons. Why did he push buttons? "I'm tempted to flip you over one of these tables right now and be done with it."

"You could try." Making contact with him in the moment heated me in anger, I wanted to pry his fingers off of me. "Wouldn't end the way you intend."