~1~

"Spring!"

"Daddy it's spring!"

His father turned around to face his dungaree-bounded child.

"What's so good about spring?" He chuckled and cocked an eyebrow

"The flowers!"

🌺

A boy, trapped in his house on a cold winters day.

He never cared for the snow. It was cold, sometimes even wet. The icy touch on his skin made him cringe, scrunch up his eyebrows and bare his teeth.

But.

He remembered how much his dad loved it. He was always encouraging him to play out in the snow, go for hot chocolate, whipped cream and marshmallows splattered on the top just enough for it to overflow slightly and go tumbling down onto the table. His dad would laugh every time the infant boy would attempt at licking it off the table.

Memories like those were the only things that kept Tord smiling on a cold, snowy day.

It was the day before New Years. When everyone could celebrate the end of another horribly boring year.

Nothing interesting ever happened. Well, that's what Tord thought. Actually it's all he ever thought. He's even thinking about it right now as he leans against his living room window while looking out at the snowy lawn.

Another boring year.

Life is boring.

Nothing interesting ever happens.

Imagine if something out of the ordinary happened.

Something fictional.

Like out of a book.

Or a movie.

Life would be so much more worth living.

Of course they weren't just short sentences. They were paragraphs. Like someone wrote down what Tord was thinking and kept it down in a little book at the back of his head, so whenever he's conveniently not doing anything with life again and staring out of his window, or at his ceiling, the paragraphs can be simply read out to him again.

But there was one time in life Tord loved.

Spring.

He loved it. The fresh grass, flowers, trees. The tweets of birds and tiny buzzes of flying creatures.

But the flowers.

Oh, the flowers.

They were so intriguing. So grappling. So beautiful, colorful. They resembled a little piece of life's happiness, life's wonder, life's uniqueness, life's peace.

Life's Life.

Flowers made a lot of things better.

Tord has filled his house with them. Gardening pots outside, vases inside, Tord had filled with flowers. Looked after hourly, and replaced when died.

Although Tord loves plants, he's pretty shit at gardening.

He used to be amazing. As a kid, his dad would always try and get him to play football, but all he wanted to do was plant flowers in the flowers pots outside with his mum.

His dad would often sigh, but never rant or shout.

Tord loved his dad...

But that night...

Tord snapped out of his thinking quickly, he could already feel the tears caving in the corners of his eyes. He simply blinked them back into his eye sockets and shook his head, getting rid of the feelings he now felt.

He sighed and stood up carefully, boosting himself up helpfully with the sofa's poof.

"I should text Matt, or Edd" He mumbled quietly mumbled to himself

"What was that sweet?" His mother called from the kitchen

"Nothing mamma" The boy called back over his shoulder

He took out his phone from his black-jean-pockets and unlocked his phone, searching for the texting app.

"There it is"

He clicked on it and opened his most recent chat; the group chat.

{ This = Tord This = Edd This = Matt }
__________

Hoi owo

Heyyyyy~ uwo

Hullu uwu

Alright Tord what's up now -3-

Wdym? òwó

U only ever text us first when u want something from us! ò3ó

He has a point -w-

Who's side are u on here? 3:<

O^O'

I just wanted to see if u wanted to hang

Sorry Tord...

But...
__________

But maybe next spring...

Word count: 639