Chapter 2

"Blaze!"

I sat up and leapt out of bed. I could smell the intruder. He had busted in the front door and was in Ash's room. I ran in Ash's room but nobody was in there. The window was open and I could hear the sound of footsteps.

I let out a roar of outrage and leapt out the window now a wolf. My instincts took over so I followed my nose. They were moving at a fast pace meaning whoever took Ash wasn't human.

I sped up and raced through the trees. By the time I made it to the main road I could tell they had crossed. Their smell was mixed in with the scent of cars and gas. I bounded across and desperately searched for Ash's scent. My fur suddenly stood on end. Ahead of me were two other wolves and they were blocking my way. They both growled.

The bigger one leapt forward and advanced slowly. He barked.

You are trespassing.

I flattened my ears.

I'm only looking for someone. He was taken into your territory.

The second wolf made a soft whimper that I couldn't catch. They both exchanged looks before the bigger one turned back to me.

That was official business that was requested by the Alpha. Whatever was taken from you is no longer any concern of yours.

I growled. It is my business. I demand you take me to your Alpha.

The bigger one growled but the smaller one leapt forward.

I will escort you there myself.

The bigger wolf turned on the smaller one and she shook her head. I realized they had communicated through their minds. They must be mates.

Please follow me.

The smaller one turned and walked away with the bigger one at her heels. I followed closely not wanting to get lost. After we broke through the trees they started to run and I did the same.

I knew we were going the right way when I picked up Ash's scent. In no time we were at an old warehouse. At the front were two other wolves. The mates exchanged words with them and then walked past. I followed ignoring the other wolves glares. Inside I shifted back to my human form. My wolf self was tired out. The mates took one look at me and shifted back too.

The guy was as tough looking as a human as he was in his wolf form. His dark brown hair and brown eyes deeply contrasted with his mate's blonde hair and blue eyes.

The girl looked to be around the same age as me and she offered me a kind smile when she stepped forward. "Hi. My name's Sam and this is my mate Ricky."

"Hi."

When I didn't say anything else Sam's grin slipped.

"Who are you looking for?"

"A little boy. He's 8. He needs me. Someone took him tonight and brought him over to your territory. Also whose territory is this?"

"This is the Silver Moon Pack's territory."

"And like we said it's not your business anymore. Whoever they took was especially requested by the Alpha.", Ricky said.

"And like I said it is my business. Sam please lead the way."

Ricky opened his mouth but before he could say anything Sam grabbed my hand.

"Let's go.", she said cheerfully.

We went deeper into the warehouse and stopped in front of a door.

"This is the Alpha's office. The warehouse is our headquarters so most of the pack lives here."