Chapter 4

My eyes popped open. The sunlight was in my eyes. I must've forgotten to pull down the curtain. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After I was done I stepped back in the room with a towel wrapped around my body. A bottle of lotion was on the dresser along with my favorite perfume. Paris at Night. Even the lotion was the same kind I used. Cocoa butter with natural ingredients.

I checked the dresser to see if there were any magically appearing clothes but there was none. I checked the closet to with the same result. I walked out of my room and went to the door next to me and knocked.

Ash's scent flowed out when the door opened.

"Hi Blaze.", Ash said.

I brushed past Jev ignoring his stunned expression.

Ash was sitting on what could only be the Alpha's bed. It was a king bed with black sheets and a black comforter.

I sat next to Ash. "Morning kiddo."

"Why are you only wearing a towel?", Jev asked.

"There were no clothes.", I said.

Jev growled. "I told Chloe to- Oh never mind. I'll have someone bring some clothes up."

He turned and picked up his cellphone punching in a number. While he was talking Ash looked up at me.

"Can you believe he's my Daddy?", Ash whispered.

"I know kiddo. You must be happy."

Ash grinned. "Yeah. I am."

His smile fell. "But.."

"But what?"

Ash was frowning now. "But then why was I abandoned at that house?"

Good question.

Jev turned back to us. "They'll be coming soon with your clothes."

He noticed our thoughtful expressions and frowned.

"What?"

Ash looked up at him with the saddest gray eyes. "Why was I abandoned?"

Jev looked away. "You were taken away from me."

"By who?", I asked.

If they came back for him I would go all Wolfzilla on them.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is you're back home, Ash."

Ash smiled but I wasn't that easily put off. I remembered the follower in the trees. Maybe they were the kidnapper? I don't think Jev's people would be that sloppy.

I made it my job to find out.

****

Ash looked at the group of children playing in the warehouse.

Jev nudged him forward. "Go on."

Ash looked at me. I gave him a smile and nodded. Ash ran off. Jev turned to me.

"Would like to take a walk with me?"

I felt my face flush. "Sure."

Jev led the way but still stayed by my side.

"Are you planning on staying?"

I looked down and kicked at loose rocks.

"I don't know."

Jev looked at me for awhile. "You'd be welcome to stay if you wish."

I was tempted to say yes. Ash was here and I had met Sam and Ricky who were extremely nice.

Then again though did Ash even need me anymore? He had a father now who just happened to be the Alpha and probably a whole group of his own personal bodyguards now.

He wouldn't need protecting and he didn't need my care anymore. It hurt more than I liked to admit. Part of me was full of happiness for Ash but the other half was full of envy and jealousy for Jev.

"No. I think I'll leave."

Jev stopped walking. "Ash will be upset."

"He'll deal."

I started to walk away knowing it was best to leave now. I was too afraid to say goodbye to Ash.

"Join the pack."

I turned back around. "What did you say?"

"Join the pack. You would never be alone."

I scowled. "I don't need a pack."

Jev looked at me for a long time. Finally he frowned and turned around.

"I'll tell Ash."

When he left I turned and ran. I blinked and I was a wolf. I raced over the border and ran blindly through the woods. When I stopped and turned back I realized I was at the hideout.

I went in and got in Ash's bed. His scent lingered but it was already growing old. It was only then that I let myself break down and cry.

****

A/N: Chapter 4 is done! Again the usual. Let me know what you think. Vote and Comment plz!

Thx!

~ Bianca