𝟐𝟑: 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞.

the nightmare was always the same. paralyzed, naked, cold. the masked man would come closer with the knife, making sweeping movements to a music only he could hear. he would be closer, then further away and then closer again.

the music, a choir of sorts as in church... grows louder. then michiru hears a voice and he tells her to go to the other part of her brain, to go through the doorway to a place she'll be safe... the dream changes and she feels a sense of falling, as if she's entering a part of herself that was hidden.

the uzumaki finds herself in an empty room, except there is child who looks nothing like a child. she is wrapped so tightly inside a thin mattress that you can see only her feet and somehow... her right arm... which has become a knife from her elbow to the place her fingers should be. michiru runs to her, try to calm her, yet she wields the knife in blind panic, unable to tell friend from foe.

" stay back.. stay away! i'm a monster.."

someone pulls her away from the blade and instead she finds herself sitting on the end of a large bed.

cold metal touched her forehead, one grope told her it was a pointed weapon, like a fairy tale sword. she grabbed it and a mirror appeared in front of her, glowing like a television screen. it was her, broken face and all, dressed like some picture book queen. she swallowed.

"time is nearing"

what does it mean?

without sight of any knife in the mirror the image began to bleed from the neck. michiru raised her hand to feel the sticky warm fluid about her throat. she screamed; the image laughed. in a blink she was in the dark forest once more, facing the serpent man.

" choose wisely or die, michiru."