seven

Donghyuck sat down on the table in the lunch hall and let out a very loud sigh. His eyes bounced between Jaemin and Jeno, who stared at him with confusion. Now of course, Donghyuck wasn't stupid. He had seen the way the two were acting so close. From what he knew they had only met about a good 3-4 times. At least, they were the meetings he was aware about.

After the day at the karaoke, Donghyuck started getting more and more suspicious about Jeno and Jaemin. Whenever they met, they would sit next to each other, and be all touchy. But whenever Donghyuck did the stuff Jaemin did, Jeno would laughed awkwardly, and sometimes pull away from him. He wasn't annoyed at that, but more at the fact that Jaemin would do this in front of him. Almost as if he was trying to make him jealous.

"Hey Nana?" Donghyuck said, finally putting down the fork he was using to play around with his food, and looked up at Jaemin, who was busy conversing with Renjun.

"Yeah?" Jaemin answered, turning his attention to Donghyuck and telling Renjun to wait a second.

"Can I talk to you?" Donghyuck asked, pushing his plate of food to Jisung, who happily accepted it, and then stood up. Jaemin blinked a few times before flashing a large smile and nodding.

Although Jaemin was smiling, he was freaking out on the inside. The sad look Donghyuck had on his face and the fact that he had just asked if they could talk in private, was scaring him.

The two made their way through the hall and into a hallway. Donghyuck stopped and turned around to face Jaemin, show as now swearing and avoiding eye contact, constantly licking his lips.

"Nana." Donghyuck said, snapping Jaemin back into reality. "I wanted to ask..." Donghyuck nervously laughed and then continued. "Are you and Jeno close?"

There it was. The question Jaemin really wanted to avoid. Truth be told, he had no idea if him and Jeno were actually close, or not. Sure, they were hanging out with each other, cuddling, and calling each other every other night, but Jaemin was still unsure if they were close or not.

"Uh not really." Jaemin chuckled, brining his hand to Donghyuck's shoulder and patting it. "Don't worry Hyuck, it's really nothing."

Donghyuck stared at him for a while before breaking into a smile. He wrapped his arm around Jaemin's shoulder and pulled him into a side hug, muttering something about how he would never doubt Jaemin's loyalty.

"Jeno." Donghyuck said, once they returned to the lunch hall. "Can we talk?"

Jaemin shot Donghyuck a confused look, but sat down next to Renjun and watched them walk away. He had just asked him what their relationship was, which obviously meant he was going to ask Jeno the same question. Now what Jaemin hoped, was that Jeno wouldn't say a different answer.

"Are you and Jaemin close?" Donghyuck asked, shuffling under his feet as he watched Jeno's eyes brows raise. "I mean, it's because you guys-"

"Are you and Mark close?" Jeno asked, making Donghyuck tilt his head before answering.

"Uh, yeah, I guess-"

"So if I'm close with Jaemin, why are you so bothered by it?" Jeno asked, already irritated with the fact that Donghyuck had just asked him a question which meant he didn't trust him.

"I do trust you-"

"If you did, you wouldn't have been asking me that." Jeno said, his voice a little louder and his tone more harsh. "I don't ask you what your relationship is like with my best friends, so why are you asking me? Donghyuck, if you don't trust me, just tell me."

"No no, I do trust-"

"Donghyuck." Jeno said sternly, making Donghyuck pause and look at him straight in the eye. "Stop doubting me."

And with that, Jeno turned around and stomped away, leaving a hurt Donghyuck. He looked down at the ground and thought about what he possibly had done wrong. All he had done was ask his boyfriend what his relationship with his best friend was, especially when the two looked like they were so close.

"Hey." Mark said, walking over to him and patting his arm. "You okay?"

Donghyuck raised his head and looked at him. He blinked back his tears and flashed a big smile.

"Yeah I'm fine!"Donghyuck replied, then reached for Mark's hand, only to pull away when he thought of what Jeno had said to him. "Uh... let's go!"

Mark nodded and then walked behind Donghyuck, watching as his hair flew in the air whilst he walked. He felt his heart flip as he saw Donghyuck turn around and gesture for him to walk faster. Mark frowned and put his hand on his chest. He shook his head to remind himself that Donghyuck was in fact his best friend's boyfriend, and although his best friend wasn't treating him well, he wasn't able to make any moves.