The realization

I was at a sleepover with my very best friends, all of them were asleep but one. We were having one of those deep late-night conversations, were it seems impossible to keep secrets, when she confessed me her deepest secret, she was bisexual.
At that time I had never even thought about the possibility of knowing somebody that, well, you know, liked people from their same gender, and I was really shocked for a couple of days, but then, little by little, I started to accept it. As the months passed, I began to think so much about same sex relationships, that I would usually find myself fantasizing about having my own.
The catalyst was when I caught feelings for a girl. At first I thought that I liked boys and her, not that I was bisexual, and that is what I told my friends all the time.
That is the most difficult part about liking both genders, it is hard to admit because, at least in my case, you think that when you like a girl, it is only a one time thing, or that you are just curious. It took me a lot of time, not to realize it, but to accept it, and I lost a lot of sleep to overthinking. So when that day came, I went straight up to my friends, it didn't came as a surprise for them, first because they are the most open-minded and accepting people in the world, and second, because they knew me too good.
The relief i felt then was such, that I was always happy, just if I have became a different person from day to night.
But of course my friends weren't satisfied, and wanted to know everything about my feelings for her.