Apologies

I am standing in front of Chris's house right now. In the freaking snow. I know I made a mistake. I am going to try and balance everything out. Time with Chris and time with Jai. Oh yeah and Bri and family. And school. AND EVERYTHING ELSE GOSH FML. Hopefully this is fast. I rang the doorbell. I heard footsteps going down their stairs and soon enough someone answered the door.

"Hey, Gina, come on in!" Kirsten, Chris's older sister, said smiling.

"Thanks," I said as I smiled back.

"Chris is in his room," she said as she walked away to do whatever it was she was doing.

I climbed up the stairs and turned right. I walked unsure until I reached Chris's room. I knocked gently.

"What," a muffled voice said from the inside.

"It's me," I said softly.

I heard him get off his bed slowly and make his way to the door. He opened it and let me in. I sat in his bed. I looked at him and saw that he was in his pijamas. He looked depressed and weak. And this is all my fault. He came and sat next to me. Then he just hugged me. I don't know how long I was just awkwardly in his arms, but he seemed comfortable, so I let it happen.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"No, I'm sorry," he said as he pulled away.

"Chris, I should be apologizing. But I also need to tell you something."

"I know, yu're going to the dance with Jai. It's okay, I'm okay with it."

I don't think I've ever smiled so much but I just squished him into a hug. Happiest person in the world? Me? I THINK FREAKING YES. I could still see the sadness in his eyes, but he just had to learn to not interfere with my love life. WOW I SOUND LIKE A BITCH.

"Thank you, Chris, thank you thank you!"

"If he tries anything on you, you tell me, alright?" He asked me with a serious tone.

I nodded.

After bonding with Chris again, I made my way home. Today was stress-free. I'm getting a good night's sleep tonight.

---------------------------------------------

The whole week passed by peacefully with Chris, but Jai never showed up to school. I was starting to question his love for me. If he couldn't even manage talking to me at school, would he actually show up at my door for the dance? It was on Saturday, so tomorrow. I had my dress ready and I had everything planned out. He hasn't even bothered calling me. He's never treated me how gents are supposed to treat ladies. I shook the thoughts out of my head as I heard my doorbell ring. Who could it be? I looked like a hobo and my hair was ew. But so was my face so i guess it's alright. I went downstairs and answered the door. It was Chris. He grabbed me and carried me over his soldier and closed the door.

"Put me down!" I said giggling.

"How about no?" He said. I imagined him with a grin on his face.

I pounded his back as he climbed the stairs to my room.

"FOOL PUT ME DOWN ALREADY." I hollered into his ear.

"If you say so," he said and literally threw me up about 2 miles and I let out a piercing scream. He laughed as I landed in the bed.

"That was freaking scary don't ever do it again. Why are you even here?" I asked him.

"You are sleeping over with me tonight." He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the universe. Oh im sorry, how the fuck was I supposed to know.