An Offer

The next day, I was sitting outside on an outdoor picnic table, having some lunch and studying under the tree. Then Gavin appeared. "Oh, Detective Richmond.", I replied. "Hello, Miss Campbell.", Gavin replied.

"So you thought about what I said?", I asked. "I did, and when you presented me that piece of evidence yesterday was very impressive. Seems like the crime shows and murder mysteries really paid off.", Gavin replied.I smiled at him.

"I did a little thinking and I really do need your help on solving this case. Why don't you become my partner? We can solve this case together and it's great if I have someone by my side during this investigation." Gavin replied.

"Yes, of course.", I smiled. "That's great. I've spoken to my boss about you and he would love to meet you.", Gavin smiled. "Sure, but can we do that after school?", I asked. "Sure", Gavin smiled as he leaves.

I was happy and excited and told my friends

I was happy and excited and told my friends. "No way, Detective Richmond came back and offer you to help with Rachel's murder case?", Bethany asked. "Well yes, he asked me and I said yes.", I smiled.

"That's great. But if you solve this case, you'll be in danger and worse killed.", Tori replied. "She's right, Chels, you could get killed.", Vivienne replied.

"Don't worry girls, Detective Richmond will protect me and plus, I've been training for combat since I was young.", I smiled.

After school, Gavin came back to pick me up and drove me to New Haven Police Department, where I meet the boss, Captain Fraser.

"Captain, I have the girl.", Gavin replied. "Captain, Chelsea Campbell, and Chelsea, this is Captain James Fraser.", Gavin replied. "Hello Captain Fraser. It's nice to meet you.", I replied.

"Hello, Miss Campbell, it's nice to meet you too

"Hello, Miss Campbell, it's nice to meet you too. Detective Richmond told me what you did, it was the stupidest thing you've ever done. Trespassing the crime scene and taking a piece of evidence while none of the police officers noticed. But it was very impressive and very clever of you.", Captain Fraser replied.

"Detective Richmond told me that you wanted to help us solve this murder case and he told me that he wants your help and become his partner, since he is in charge of this case. I accept that you, Miss Campbell help us solve this murder and find the killer.", Captain Fraser replied.

"Yes, sir.", I replied. "You'll be helping us and investigate the case after school, Detective Richmond will pick you up outside the campus and drop you back in the evening.", Captain Fraser replied.

"I hope you can solve this murder mystery and don't disappoint on us.", Captain Fraser replied. "Yes sir, and I'll find your killer.", I replied. "Good.", Captain Fraser smiled. "Oh and one more question Captain?", I asked.

"Yes, what is it?", Captain Fraser asked. "Do I need a uniform or something I should when I'm working here?", I asked. "Whatever, you're wearing is fine.", Captain Fraser replied. "Ok, thank you.", I replied and I left his office.

Gavin showed me his desk and showed me my very own desk, which is next to his. I start working and helping Gavin through Rachel's murder case.

 I worked for 4 hours until it was time to end the day, and Gavin drops me back to Yale University and I went to sleep to start my second day